F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bummed out on the cost of insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bummed out on the cost of insurance

I have mine through met home and auto. I have a few other policies with them, no accidents or tickets, i'm 28, and pay around $400 a year with full coverage and $250 deductible.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 AM

less than 1 year on MC license
Statefarm has one of the best motorcycle price... my car cost double more lol

230bux for liability and uninsured
70bux more if I want comprehensive but im still thinking about it

also if you have a car or other policy on any insurance usually you get good discounts.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:59 AM

$24 a month for progressive here. I am 21 have an 02 f4i thats liability only. I figure this is my toy not main vehicle so if I wreck it I will have to save up and pay to fix it. heck at the price of full coverage I can buy a brand new bike every other year.

my 04 subaru STi was $5000 a year for full coverage!! ha I was only 18 when I bought that though

Old 04-28-2006, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

im goin through farmers, but the lady is making it based on the cc's of the bike, i dont guess she is really looking...i dunno, ill try to see what i can do

Your age is going to hurt you. I've heard of higher rates than this though.

Make sure you tell her that the CCs are 599, which is the actual displacement of the CBR600s.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:02 AM

i pay $800 a year with progressive...

this includes basic liability, and comp (theft, fire, vandalism, deer, etc.) with a $250 deductable.

that was before I took the MSF and i only had my permit...

1 not at fault accident
2 tickets

two come off at the end of the year...

Old 04-29-2006, 04:25 AM

Yeah liability coverage was only $30 a month for me thru Progressive when I had my Katana 600 back in 2002

Check out State Farm though.....
Because when I got my full coverage on my bike this year....they said the driving record didn't matter. It was either you're insurable or not insurable (DUI's, too many tickets)...one or the other. NO extra costs for tickets or anything like that---on motorcycle insurance only.

If you have Auto insurance thru them as well then it'll be cheaper.

I paid $470 for the year for full coverage & that was with broadened collision coverage. Meaning if someone hits me or I hit someone & it's not my fault....then the deductible is waived. My deductible is the max, $1,000, I think. But even so...if I drop the bike or something...I'm gonna fix it myself for cheaper and not take the risk of making my insurance rates go up. Just A LOT safer than having liability coverage only.
Oh & I'm 25....with 2 speeding tickets that come off this year.

They're probably the best deal for full coverage motorcycle insurance.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:52 PM

State farm told me the same thing. Accidents and tickets don't matter when it comes to motorcycle insurance either the underwriter accepts you or declines you. The CC's change everything. I'm 21 years old and I have a 10 year old bike and it's costing me $98.75 a month to insure my 1996 Honda 900rr. When I turn 23 it will do down more when I turn 25 the cost will be a third of that. On the computer the insurance people just see your name the year of the bike but what changed everything about my policy was the cc's. He did a 2006 900 vs. a 1996 900 and it was only a couple of dollars difference. Going 600 to 900 was a huuugggggggeeeeeeee difference. I'd pay no more than $60 bucks for a month on a 2006 600rr. I couldn't believe what he was showing me! I could own a brand new bike for less than my 900rr but, I LOVE MY BIKE!

Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM

i got insurance with farm bureau and i only pay about 400 a year for both my bikes and thats full coverage thers some places that will rob you blind and thers some that wont you just got to get quotes untill you find one thats not too bad

Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 AM

thanks guys, the info helped me...im gonna call state farm, progressive, country, and geico on monday, ill post here what i find

Old 04-30-2006, 12:15 PM

I tried every motorcycle insurance I could find I even tried 2 of the ones in motorcyclist magazine that only insure bikes. I tried a company that finds the best deal and the best deal they had was right around $3000 full coverage and medical coverage for the year. I didn't pay that for my bike. The only reason I have full coverage is because of the fresh paint job I just got. In michigan we have no-fault insurance and they make it as confusing as possible. We have this fee and that fee. They charge $160 a year just for some catastrophic fee set forth by our lovely government. I hate the state of Michigan and I hate insurance agencies its all a bunch of bull. By the time you are old enough to get cheap insurance you are usually able to afford whatever you wan't. Yet when you are under 25 and can't really afford the insurance they bend you over backwards. Last year I was going to lease a 05 ram 1500 with the 20's and the payment was like 215 a month with 1000 down and they wanted 350 a month for insurance! Its horrible the way these things go.

Quick Reply: bummed out on the cost of insurance