F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike knocked over in Parking Lot!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike knocked over in Parking Lot!!!!

I live in an apartment complex that has bike parking however it's some distance from my apartment building. Thereare usually only 2 other motorcycles parked there, a sv 650 and a honda 599 something or other that never moves, the rest are a bunch of crappy scooters that are always parked in the most akward positions and are all pieces of crap.

So...came home from work yesterday and decided to take the bike out. See the mirror is all pushed up so I take a look...my bright light lens has paint swapped and scuffed up (how I don't know cause I was facing the curb so how did someone hit me?), mirror, bar end, exhaust, fairing scratched up too but thankfully not too badly, foot peg had the little screw/**** on the bottom ripped off. [sm=headbang.gif]

So I'm wondering what if anything I should do here, at first I wanted to just start picking up scooters and throw them into the dumpster since it had to be either someone who parks there or some dumbass who decided to sit on the bike to play around with it and dropped it.There's really not enough damage to justify insurance (thankfully). I think the only real fairing damage was scratching off part of the wing sticker which is hard to notice unless your looking for it and scuffs on the other parts I'm surprised it's not much worse.

Sorry to rant, this is just f ing annoying since I've taken such good care of it. It's my first bike and expected I could end up dropping it but it pisses me off that someone else has to do something so disrespectful with someone's property. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Default RE: Bike knocked over in Parking Lot!!!!

If there was paint transfer, any bikes or scooters that match the color?

BTW, you have the right to be pissed, really pissed.... People that pul this type of **** are ********.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Yeah most of them weren't there whenI noticed but I'm definitely gonna do that...

I'd like to think it wasn't any bikes, I'd imagine the 650 would be better than to knock it over (and not leave a note)and the other guy doesn't move his bike so it's either a scooter or typical POS dumbass who thought it would be cool to sit on my bike. I don't live in the best neighborhood and it makes me nervous seeing the people around here driving, some person hit my car in the lot about a month ago too.

I'm thinking about moving the bike back to my parent's house or something before it gets knocked over/stolen/etc..

Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Dude I hate it for you I would be livid if that **** happened to me. I know money situations are different for different people but to avoid that happening to me I got a small storage unit that is close by and leave it in there rather than leaving it in a parking lot for extended periods of time. Just a suggestion.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM
WOT

Sucks, can't do much about that. I would move your bike and park is somewhere else if you can. I squeeze my bike into my parking space with my car.