F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I have a feeling your talking about me and my boys. Yes we ride like bats out of hell every now and then but never like we are drunk. Not our fault some people can't keep up !!!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM

what the is squids - anyone without ATGATT ?

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
Hey I have a feeling your talking about me and my boys. Yes we ride like bats out of hell every now and then but never like we are drunk. Not our fault some people can't keep up !!!!!

Lol......inside joke......

you need to come help a brother out with this chain and spocket swap .......that was my issue this whole time......

Old 05-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TattooguyF4i
what the is squids - anyone without ATGATT ?
Some people define a squid as someone who rides without gear. My definition is someone who rides in a dangerous or stupid manner.

That includes but isn't limited to:
  • Riding without at least the basic gear: real helmet (no novelty crap), jacket and gloves.
  • Stunting on public roads (wheelies, stoppies, burnouts at lights)
  • Stupidly fast riding (x2 the limit)
  • Consistently unsafe lane changes (cutting off cages, not signalling for riders following)
  • Drinking and riding.
And a few other things. A cop can stop me any time and I'll come away without a ticket. But if my ride gets stopped because someone else is an idiot, there'll be a problem regardless of my coming away clean.

And as far as the drinking and riding goes, most people don't have the self control to limit themselves to legal limits. I tried it once and it was a miserable night. 1 beer every 2 hrs when I can down 1 beer every 2 minutes when I wanna. I came back the next night via the subway and did some major damage to my bank account to make up for it.

I'm not gonna find it amusing when someone I'm supposed to care about drops their bike because they had a couple too many. I'm not gonna want to make The Call to an alleged fam's gf / wife / parents to tell them their loved one is FUBAR because he refused to wear a lid. I'm not going to be a happy camper when our ride gets stopped cause Johnny Gixxer decides to pop a wheelie and the cop grabs the entire group for the next hour checking everyone's paperwork.

Sorry, I don't give out the name "Family" to anyone with a matching leather vest and the ability to pay some dues. I care about the people I call "Family". And the majority of the clubs I've seen completely disrespect that word by not taking care of their own when it matters.

take it or leave it.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM

Sound so High School LOL...

Nope not my cup of tea!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
http://highwayriders.org/
Feel free to browse the website.
I'm a Founder Member - we have around 40 members, from all age groups.

If that makes me gay, Rodger, I'd better ask if I can borrow your pink underwear, OK ?

And I don't drink on my bike - 8 hours, bottle to throttle.
And we have "road Captains" to control unruly behaviour.
And I wear colours on my back. With pride.

We don't tolerate squids - anyone without ATGATT doesn't ride with us.
+1
A belong to a mature club too.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by TattooguyF4i
Lol......inside joke......

you need to come help a brother out with this chain and spocket swap .......that was my issue this whole time......
Only if you have the correct tools and a work light. This time, I cant work in those conditions.

Chain and sprocket for WHAT ?

Old 05-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Some people define a squid as someone who rides without gear. My definition is someone who rides in a dangerous or stupid manner.

That includes but isn't limited to:
  • Riding without at least the basic gear: real helmet (no novelty crap), jacket and gloves.
  • Stunting on public roads (wheelies, stoppies, burnouts at lights)
  • Stupidly fast riding (x2 the limit)
  • Consistently unsafe lane changes (cutting off cages, not signalling for riders following)
  • Drinking and riding.
And a few other things. A cop can stop me any time and I'll come away without a ticket. But if my ride gets stopped because someone else is an idiot, there'll be a problem regardless of my coming away clean.

And as far as the drinking and riding goes, most people don't have the self control to limit themselves to legal limits. I tried it once and it was a miserable night. 1 beer every 2 hrs when I can down 1 beer every 2 minutes when I wanna. I came back the next night via the subway and did some major damage to my bank account to make up for it.

I'm not gonna find it amusing when someone I'm supposed to care about drops their bike because they had a couple too many. I'm not gonna want to make The Call to an alleged fam's gf / wife / parents to tell them their loved one is FUBAR because he refused to wear a lid. I'm not going to be a happy camper when our ride gets stopped cause Johnny Gixxer decides to pop a wheelie and the cop grabs the entire group for the next hour checking everyone's paperwork.

Sorry, I don't give out the name "Family" to anyone with a matching leather vest and the ability to pay some dues. I care about the people I call "Family". And the majority of the clubs I've seen completely disrespect that word by not taking care of their own when it matters.

take it or leave it.

thanks for the definition of a squid.........happy riding

Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Old 05-18-2010, 12:06 AM

Wildhogs is a pretty great movie. But I'm not a fan of biker gangs. I just ride with friends without branding myself.

Quick Reply: Bike Clubs