CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bike Clubs (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bike-clubs-110709/)

Bonafide 05-16-2010 10:02 AM

Bike Clubs

Do any of you belong to any social clubs? If so, rep your club!

I, recently, joined a club (I'm a prospect) in Philly, and I'm loving it! I will admit, initially, I had some apprehension (hearing all the gang horror stories), but after riding with my crew before joining, I realized the stories are mostly (I said, mostly) hype. I'm really digging the scene, and the meeting of people; they're not reckless and immature--and the women! Man, women love bikers! LOL

So, I'd like too hear your opinions on bike clubs...

Kuroshio 05-16-2010 10:22 AM

Not my cup of tea for several reasons.
  • I need to set my own pace, not try and keep up with others.
  • I tell people constantly "No riders" because my bike is for me and me only.
  • Many clubs I've seen have their collection of squids, which they do absolutely nothing about, and I won't ride with a squid.
  • Ride or Drink, Not Both. Too many clubs don't seem to get that, partying while riding their bikes.
  • Riding with a group means having to trust everyone in the group. People need to earn my trust, its not simply given because others say he's cool to ride with.
  • I've got the perfect woman so don't need biker groupies :p

dmcb2120 05-16-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 921703)
Not my cup of tea for several reasons.
  • Ride or Drink, Not Both. Too many clubs don't seem to get that, partying while riding their bikes.
  • Riding with a group means having to trust everyone in the group. People need to earn my trust, its not simply given because others say he's cool to ride with.

These plus I dont like being part of anybodys crew/gang/group/club. I like being on a team but none of those other things. I'm sure I can attract more women hanging with MY 7 deep CREW then hanging with a whole sausage feast in a bike club. Groups in this area are always asking us to join. We tell them no and the first thing they say is "why you scared or something?". No I just dont need to feel part of something. Then they always talk about deep they are. Then all of my buddys just show their LEO badges and says "I think we deeper" <<<<<<<<<<<< HAHAHAHAHA I love that one !!!!!!

skoobydoobie 05-16-2010 10:55 AM

I belong to a club, called Solo Rida. Its deep, real deep, 1 deep.
Kuro is spot on (except for that last one), she's far from perfect.

TattooguyF4i 05-16-2010 11:39 PM

well here's my two cents.......I am A Satan Sidekick Detroit M/C and at the end of the day i ride with colors on my back cus i want to. and at the end of the day. its all about riding and the love of bikes.......There are alot of social clubs and there are M/C clubs there is a big difference..... So FTW ....................Ride til you cant ride anyone more ......and anybody rather your in a club, social club, M/C, or just ride .......your always welcome @ The Satan Sidekicks ..........Tues / Saturdays are party nights....

RojerLockless 05-17-2010 01:04 AM

Anyone in a club to ride is gay ;) I'm sorry

:P you can ride with friends without wearing matching outfits...

Last time I saw dudes wearing matching vests.... well..

http://accel16.mettre-put-idata.over...ather-cuir.jpg

dmcb2120 05-17-2010 01:17 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaahaha too ****in funny !!!!!!!!!!

rd91si 05-17-2010 04:07 AM

Somebody watched biker boyz to many times. :p

Zero1080 05-17-2010 04:24 AM

I'm not a fan. Ran into a group or two last season, and they really were just outta control for the most part, speeding, reckless, and not riding very smart.

Everyone rides for different reasons, and no two riders will have the same answer. I ride not because I can do it with other people, but because I enjoy the time alone, and can be outside at the same time ;)

Bonafide 05-17-2010 05:57 AM

Wow, I thought we ride for our own personal reason--not to one up on the next man. A general yes or no would have suffice; not because of what the next man was doing--maybe its because you only got dick-club around you. You still can be a dick whether you ride with a group or not. And, that "I don't need a group to validate me" thing--please! As a member of this forum we're a part of this "group"; we're partisan to our CBRs.

Like, "I play chess, but joining a chess-club is gay." "I'm into safety, but joining a safety-club is gay." See how rediculous this gets?

Sorry if some think it's gay, but solo is masturbating on wheels...