F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best way to sand/polish out F4I wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the front wheel is the same then I blame bad polishing. If it's just the left side of the rear wheel then I blame the chain.

If you happen to have any aircraft remover or similar readily accessible it wouldn't hurt to give it a try to see what works.

Oh and to OP, don't forget to tape the tires too!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL
If the front wheel is the same then I blame bad polishing. If it's just the left side of the rear wheel then I blame the chain.

If you happen to have any aircraft remover or similar readily accessible it wouldn't hurt to give it a try to see what works.

Oh and to OP, don't forget to tape the tires too!
Thanks, I think ill try the aircraft remover when I get the chance. Could i just use a little bit of the aircraft remover and put it on a rag or somethin then rub it on the rim? Is there any certain kind of tape you used? And how much did you use? Sorry about all the questions, I just don't wanna screw it up

Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 PM

You could use a bit of the aircraft remover like you mentioned on a rag and test out a small area of the black marks. Just as long as you're extremely careful not to get it on the tire and the inner unpolished original black coat that I doubt you'll want to polish too, you'll be fine.

If this works, I would fully tape around the rim in between where it and the tire meets and over the unpolished black portion. I used the lime greenish 3M automotive tape. I'm sure the blue painters tape would work too but I would double up on it since the auto tape seems to be more durable and thicker.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL
You could use a bit of the aircraft remover like you mentioned on a rag and test out a small area of the black marks. Just as long as you're extremely careful not to get it on the tire and the inner unpolished original black coat that I doubt you'll want to polish too, you'll be fine.

If this works, I would fully tape around the rim in between where it and the tire meets and over the unpolished black portion. I used the lime greenish 3M automotive tape. I'm sure the blue painters tape would work too but I would double up on it since the auto tape seems to be more durable and thicker.
Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it a lot. I'm gonna get the remover today And test it out on a small area. Ill let you know how it works out for me.

One more question, do you just rub it on and keep rubbin the spots or let it sit for a little bit then rub it?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 AM

No problemo. Just follow the instructions on the can. Usually you let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe off. If it works you can see it remove the coat (if it really is the coat). YouTube - ‪Aircraft Remover‬‏

I can't help but judge your second picture again and notice how good it looks. Maybe it's the picture quality hiding the black marks? Anyways, good luck.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM

use the green tape not the blue the blue is made to not take off sensitive paint but the rim paint isnt sensitive the green tape will stick alot better and do the job better but i would still definently try not get it near the tape cause there are no garauntees tha aircraft stripper is pretty intense stuff and def do it out side.