F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone using an "Easy Pull" type clutch lever

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Anyone using an "Easy Pull" type clutch lever

Hey guys,

Seems like I'll be needing a new clutch lever soon. I am considering the easy pull type, not necessarily the shorty. I want it to be a soft pull without 16+ lbs of stock pulling each time. Yeah, yeah... I know, tough men want that tough pull on the clutch, but why? If there are better, easier options, why not?

I don't want something super expensive either - just easier than stock pull, somewhat adjustable, and for a decent price! Experiences? Recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're looking for a moderately priced option, you can go with the Moose EZ pull clutch lever/perch. They go for like $30 iirc and work on the F4i pretty well. I wouldn't recommend the Moose EZ pull box thing that you put between the clutch perch and the line as I've heard they tend to snap. I've used the Moose EZ pull clutch lever/perch setup and it was noticeable, but wasn't incredibly different.

An even cheaper and better option is the clutch arm mod. Don't want to reference another forum *cough* stuntlife *cough*, but it's a very popular mod among stunters and there's plenty of documentation on how to do it. You basically weld/rivet an extra 1/4 inch plate onto the clutch arm popping out of the right side engine cover to get more leverage. This option takes a bit more effort but will only cost you about $5-$10 in parts from a hardware store given you already have the tools necessary.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

More leverage = less feel. I much prefer feel since the lever is nothing close to hard to pull as it is.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Air intake tubes

Hey guys,

I've been enjoying my 05 F4i for about 6 months or so. The previous owner had cut holes in the plastic intake tubes to install 3" speakers with iphone plug for music. 1st, it's non-functional & ugly. And secondly, I believe the some of the air would also be leaking out, not reaching the air-filter. So... I want to fix this issue.

I have looked on ebay, etc... used plastic tubes are kind of expensive ($30 each X 4= $120) I can't believe these silly plastic parts are that expensive. I wouldn't mind spending half of that's too much (for me). So is there a way I can just patch those 3" holes in these plastic intakes. If yes, please share your ideas/method of doing it.

Thanks in Advance!