F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone know the penalty for this...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im from sothern MN, if you were going 87 in a 70 I would be pretty worried about that, last I heard just a 5mile over ticket was around $105. Not really sure on the, just having a permit part.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
In MD if you only have a learners permit they can tow your bike if caught riding without a licensed buddy

Luckily i had a cool cop and he just told me to "slow down because guys on bikes get hit by deer all the time around here"
He also said that he "appreciates that i actually stopped, most of you guys think you can get away." then he chuckled

99% of the time your penalty comes from the discretion of the cop. And for christ sakes don't run!! your only making things worse for yourself (unless your already going 130mph)
Hah, yes running is bad. You're in Bmore huh Sick. When did we have that really bad thurderstorm move in - monday? tuesday? anyways I was east on 66 back into arlington and was "racing" the storm home - I saw lighting behind and to my left the entire time, as soon as I pulled in my garage the heavens opened.

ANYWAYS the point is, I passed a cop on the side of 66 taking radar and I was going about 95mph (note - I do not condone speeding .) I never let up - I figured he'd either turn his lights on or he wouldn't at that point. Luckily he just watched me fly by.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha i know the feeling of focusing on the cop in your mirrors waiting for him to whip around....

Same storm...I was racing home from work on Monday as well thinking i'll beat the storm easily. On 695 hauling tail and get a few rain sprinkles of the face shield, then BOOM, buckets of water, i mean f-ing buckets are just slamming me i could barely see out of the visor. I wound up sitting under the RT 40/695 overpass for 20 mins waiting for it to let up. never been so soaked in my life.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:22 PM

Hahaha! I did the same thing on monday! I saw these dark, and I mean dark, clouds rolling in and was like peace! All down 66 I was just ahead of the storm watching the sky to see if I was going to make it. Most of the way through Clifton there were branches falling off trees and the wind was blowing pretty hard but at most I only got sprinkled on. I was passing people because I was trying to get home fast and it was funny because it was almost like they understood. lol. Good times here in the Mid Atlantic huh.

Last edited by DBEAU; 07-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM

I went riding through Clifton yesterday!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I went riding through Clifton yesterday!
Clifton is my commute, everyday. I consider myself very fortunate lol.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM

in North Carolina the motorcycle permits means you cant have a passenger and thats it i freeway and night ride all the time and cops around here don't pull bikes over unless they are doing unsafe things ex: excessive speeding, wheelies, burnouts etc.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by njens118
Being pulled over on a freeway when you only have your motorcycle permit and it says no driving on the freeway?

Anyone have experience or heard rumors of what the fee/penalty is? (ie. revoke your permit etc?)

As you have probably guessed...happened to me last night ;P

Thank you!

(From MN if you know the laws there...but if not what about your state?)
I am from MN too man, just got my bike earlier this summer and am still using my permit to get around too and from work. I ride at 10pm and 4am (night shift, ugh) and go up and down I-35w and I-94 the whole trip. Honestly, if I am not doing anything wrong, then they have NO REASON to pull me over. I keep my tabs updated, dont speed, about 5mph or less over speed limit, i signal every turn and lane change, blah blah blah.
I too get worried about getting pulled over, but so far this summer ive saved more $$ on gas than a ticket would be anyways!

Just ride safe and within the limits and no one will bother you

Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From MN too. I heard it can go both ways. Some cops may let you off easy while some will just punish you hard. Really not a good idea when on any of them to chance it. Bye bye permit easily and with a good fine. They figure anyone with a permit is unsafe just like a person driving a car with a permit by themselves could be unsafe.