F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same alarm/remote start.. From reading this I think It would be easier to take it into a shop. But the two local shops said they have never even put a alarm system or remote start on a bike so they are probably gonna charge me out the a** for putting it on for me.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mahoney88
I have the same alarm/remote start.. From reading this I think It would be easier to take it into a shop. But the two local shops said they have never even put a alarm system or remote start on a bike so they are probably gonna charge me out the a** for putting it on for me.
Well if you do happen to take it to the shop could you get them to write down where they hooked up the wires for you? That sucks if they rape you for cash. Hope they dont.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jondevos
Well if you do happen to take it to the shop could you get them to write down where they hooked up the wires for you? That sucks if they rape you for cash. Hope they dont.
Standard practice for shops: when you ask them to do something they really don't want to do, they attempt to dissuade you with jacked up prices. $250 just to look at the problem I was having with my 95's carbs. "Look", not fix.

If you're gonna try getting someone to do this, try a car audio / alarm shop and take the wiring diagram with you. They might do it with that. Or they may already have done it.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM

If you can wait till next weekend I would love to help everyone out on the forum..That's when I'm taking my f4i to the shop. Hope they can get all the features working for me. Well I'm getting my full D & D exhaust and Dyno Jet programmer on the same visit to the shop.

For my shop visit this is what they quoted me for ($390) For full exhaust installed with heat wrap on them , Programmer installed, Alarm and remote start, also integrated led tail light, also new front and back sprocket with chain.

Last edited by Mahoney88; 03-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mahoney88
If you can wait till next weekend I would love to help everyone out on the forum..That's when I'm taking my f4i to the shop. Hope they can get all the features working for me. Well I'm getting my full D & D exhaust and Dyno Jet programmer on the same visit to the shop.

For my shop visit this is what they quoted me for ($390) For full exhaust installed with heat wrap on them , Programmer installed, Alarm and remote start, also integrated led tail light, also new front and back sprocket with chain.
I can wait. Snow is keeping me from doing much with my bike right now anyways. Might get to work on it a little this weekend but have lots of goodies to work on while I wait.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM

$390 for all that work doesnt seam that bad for all that work. My dealer here would want at least that just for the alarm. Sucks having only one dealer for couple hundred kilometers.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have a Spy 5000m arriving on Monday. But I didn't know the shock sensitivity is adjustable only on the one with the perimeter sensor. If it doesn't have that, I'm gonna fleabay it.

My street sees trolleys, buses and fire engines. Can't have it going off constantly

Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 PM

sorry for not getting back with you guys, i have been busy as all hell. i got new sprockets and chain going to put those on before i mess with the alarm any more. but i do plan on looking into this some more. i will let you know if i come up with anything else

Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
$390 for all that work doesnt seam that bad for all that work. My dealer here would want at least that just for the alarm. Sucks having only one dealer for couple hundred kilometers.
Yeah well there is a couple shops they know I could goto so their prices have to be competitive for people come to them.. Now I just have to wait for my repsol fairings to come in for I can put them on with all my spike bolts and new mirrors. After the shop gets done with everything they are doing to it. I have a full couple of months ahead of me.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 PM

I did some searching last night and found this forum thread. Has some information that might help us get things figred out.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...211~PN~1~TPN~1

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm