F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jondevos
I have the spy 5000m on mine. Only the alarm portion is hooked up though. The alarm part is very easy to do. Shouldnt take you much more than an hour. That includes beer drinking time. I plan on hooking up the remote start but have yet to figure out the wiring completely. I have some figured out but until it is completely figured out Im not hooking it up. Search my name and you should find a thread I made on it with some useful info and pictures to get you started. If anyone knows more about the remote start, feel free to post it so we can all get the remote start working.
hey man thanks for the help.... thats actually the exact one i was thinkin about getting so lemme know if u get anything more on the starter.... ill try to figure it out as well and let u know if i get anywhere...

thanks again

Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
hey man thanks for the help.... thats actually the exact one i was thinkin about getting so lemme know if u get anything more on the starter.... ill try to figure it out as well and let u know if i get anywhere...

thanks again
No prob man. Yeah I bought it mainly for the 2 way alarm portion. I live in military shacks and have to park the bike out of view from where I live. Having the 2 way alarm lets me know if anyone is f**king with my bike. Last year someone roled away my vfr on me and I found across street behind another building. Not taking any chances with the new bike.

Since the alarm came with remote start and I ride to temps as low as -10C I figured I might as well try to hook it up. Not huge deal if I can but would be a bonus. If I can get it to the point where it starts the bike (with no safeties) I will then add in my own safety using a relay to the neutrail switch. Have to figure out the wiring from the sh*t diagram they gave though. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or find anything yourself.

Here is the link to my other thread.
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=alarm

Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Tell you what bro i will look into this for you guys since i have basicly the same alarm. I have the LM508, only difference is mine has a voice speaker and microwave sensor. I have everything hooked up besides the brown, gray, pink. i know that the pink and gray go the the ignition wire and the brown goes to the ACC output, it just takes locating those wires in the wire harness. i will let you know what i come up with.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ars1986
Tell you what bro i will look into this for you guys since i have basicly the same alarm. I have the LM508, only difference is mine has a voice speaker and microwave sensor. I have everything hooked up besides the brown, gray, pink. i know that the pink and gray go the the ignition wire and the brown goes to the ACC output, it just takes locating those wires in the wire harness. i will let you know what i come up with.
That is awesome dude. Check out my other thread. Might have some info to help get you started. I talked to Nitronut over the phone and he got me to where I am at this point. Unfortunately my bike is 5 hours away from me so its hard to work on it. Should be trailering it here soon enough though so I can finally get at putting all my goodies on it. https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=alarm

Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 PM

ok i remember the main reason now why i did not hook this up, because the f4i has this pink wire that has to send back a 9v reading to the ecu when the key is turned on in order to start. the alarm system puts out a 12v reading, so in order for this to work would you need to get a couple or resistors and splice them in to take that 12v down to 9v. i will keep looking around and see if i can come up with the correct answer for you guys, i wouldn't mind getting mine to work also.

as for your post it looks like you are at the same point i stoped, the pink wire goes to the ignition wire closest to the key while the grey wire goes to the ignition wire closest to the fuse box and then you are supposed to cut the wire in between the two (another reason i did not want to hook it up, didn't want to cut that wire). the brown wire goes to the ACC output off of the ignition and the blue wire is still confusing ha ha. in my manual it says it goes to the start line? i am not sure what they mean by that

Last edited by ars1986; 03-02-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ars1986
ok i remember the main reason now why i did not hook this up, because the f4i has this pink wire that has to send back a 9v reading to the ecu when the key is turned on in order to start. the alarm system puts out a 12v reading, so in order for this to work would you need to get a couple or resistors and splice them in to take that 12v down to 9v. i will keep looking around and see if i can come up with the correct answer for you guys, i wouldn't mind getting mine to work also.

as for your post it looks like you are at the same point i stoped, the pink wire goes to the ignition wire closest to the key while the grey wire goes to the ignition wire closest to the fuse box and then you are supposed to cut the wire in between the two (another reason i did not want to hook it up, didn't want to cut that wire). the brown wire goes to the ACC output off of the ignition and the blue wire is still confusing ha ha. in my manual it says it goes to the start line? i am not sure what they mean by that
Sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of what has to be done so far. Splicing in some resisters should not be an issue. Could verify the right voltage with multimeter to ensure we get a true 9v signal.

I have been busy for a while and havnt been looking into the alarm much but things are slowing down and I should have access to my bike again soon to try to get this sorted out. Wouldnt mind having it work for when the temperature has finally gone above 0 to melt all this snow away.

Thanks for the help. Im sure the OP appreciates it as much as I do.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 AM

for the neutral safety switch can you just add a basic relay so that if bike isnt in neutral the bike wont start? I was reading through your article but never saw whether or not u tried it and was successfully

Last edited by __Z__; 03-03-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 AM

for the neutral safety switch can you just add a basic relay so that if bike isnt in neutral the bike wont start? I was reading through your article but never saw whether or not u tried it and was successfully
Havn't had the chance to try it but it looks to me like it could work. Apparently the neutral safety switch is actually completing a ground so it could be as simple as hooking up the ground for the remote start through the safety switch only grounding remote start functionality when in neutral. It doesnt affect the alarm side as it has its own seperate ground. Once I get a functioning remote start I will work out the safety feature. At least there are a couple of us trying to get similar systems working so once we have it all figured out, Ill do a write up with pictures for anyone in the future.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Havn't had the chance to try it but it looks to me like it could work. Apparently the neutral safety switch is actually completing a ground so it could be as simple as hooking up the ground for the remote start through the safety switch only grounding remote start functionality when in neutral. It doesnt affect the alarm side as it has its own seperate ground. Once I get a functioning remote start I will work out the safety feature. At least there are a couple of us trying to get similar systems working so once we have it all figured out, Ill do a write up with pictures for anyone in the future.
+1 there... if u do a write up lemme know and ill give u my email and ill print it out and do a video to post up and use ur write up as my walk through for the video (i havent ordered my starter/alarm yet) and show everyone how to do it...

Old 03-03-2010, 05:24 PM

+1 there... if u do a write up lemme know and ill give u my email and ill print it out and do a video to post up and use ur write up as my walk through for the video (i havent ordered my starter/alarm yet) and show everyone how to do it...
Sounds good. Unfortunately there is 2 feet of snow outside still though so itll be a bit before I really get working on the bike.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm