F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Any Local Bike Shop in Wylie, TX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Local Bike Shop in Wylie, TX?

Anyone in Dallas/Plano/Richardson/Wylie TX area?

I'm looking for a local shop (Other then the Stealership - I mean Dealership - LOL).

I just bought my bike 3 weeks ago and loving riding it (Even if it's only on the weekends for now).

I'm going to change the oil, air filter, and clean/lube the chain myself but also want to setup the suspension but am not that familar with it.

I've read several article and watched a few youtube videos on adjusting your sag and tuning your suspension but they all involve having another person.

I'm willing to take it to a shop and for $20 buck or so have then adjust it for me. Last thing I want is to mess up the suspension being this is my first bike (Newbie in the HOUSE) and all.

I'm 5'8" - 145lbs without my gear on. The bike is used 100% for street riding only - No track time or twisties - not until I get at least a year of experience under my belt.

Some people are saying just put everything to the stock setting if your just commuting around town as you will not notice any difference - I say why not set it up the right way the first time.

So does anyone know any local bike shop that can help me out in the Plano/Murphy/Richardson/Wylie Area.

Thanks,
Mike
2005 F4i

Old 10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Default RE: Any Local Bike Shop in Wylie, TX?

Anyone in Dallas? Plano? Garland? Richardson? Murphy?

that can recommend a Local Shop - I want to get me suspension setup correctly.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 PM

Don't waste your time or money, your bike set up all stock will be just fine for you. Honda engineers did alot of designing and research to set the bike up for the best optimal riding. If its not broke, don't try to fix it. You have had your bike for only 3 weeks, I recommend you get the feel of your bike first and see what you like the best. If you plan on going to the tracks, which I think you shouldn't right now. but if you do then you can dial your bike in for tracks. But for now my friend, learn to ride the power of a sportbike and how it feels before you think you need to mod it now.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 PM

^^^ Thanks for the advise ^^^

I'm just going to make sure everything is set to stock and go from there.

No track time for me - Just wanted to make sure everything is good to go since I'm still considered a NEWBIE

Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM

No problem Mike, if you have any questions, they have probably already been asked, use the search function first and if you can't find your answer, ask them on here. Safe riding