F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Any idea if I can get fairings painted same as OEM fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any idea if I can get fairings painted same as OEM fairings?

So I was an idiot and let my friend ride my bike and he decided it would be cool to drop it. Im having trouble finding quality decals that I dont have to pay and arm and a leg for. Wondering if anybody knew if I'm able to take my fairing in to a local bodyshop and have them paint it so it looks like it just came out of the factory? Thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Yups.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's a sticky to get the decals on here somewhere. But you can go to "collision" shop and have it painted ANY way you want it. If you're gonna pay them to paint it you should do some extravagant custom job. Or you can find a "vinyl" sticker shop that does auto lettering and such, they can cut a custom one out for ya. Good luck

Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM

http://www.xtreemedecals.com/default...CTIONSword=ww1

Here's a place to get some new ones for you.

You let someone else ride "your" bike? You have more trust than I do. I never let anyone ride my bike. My bike is my baby. I have too much work and money in it.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stephens
http://www.xtreemedecals.com/default...CTIONSword=ww1

Here's a place to get some new ones for you.

You let someone else ride "your" bike? You have more trust than I do. I never let anyone ride my bike. My bike is my baby. I have too much work and money in it.

My bike is the black and yellow f4i so I was looking for a decal that has the yellow format with it attached to the "F4i" but thats a no go I guess. replicas.com has it but the "i" on f4i is supposed to be one inch longer from the looks of it. So I'm probably going to take it to a body shop.

Yea I just bought my bike and my "buddy" said he has been riding dirtbikes and motorcycles for years. Well needless to say he is in the Air Force like me and lies just like every other fake person here. No more riding for anybody else!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 PM

If you guys are USAF, make him pay and if he doesn't , use your chain of command. Then again... if he hasn't met all the requirements your particular base has for being on a bike, you're kinda ****ed because you should have checked first.

Talk to your supervisor, go smash some dicks, and you might actually get him to pay for it.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Luck Runs Out...
If you guys are USAF, make him pay and if he doesn't , use your chain of command. Then again... if he hasn't met all the requirements your particular base has for being on a bike, you're kinda ****ed because you should have checked first.

Talk to your supervisor, go smash some dicks, and you might actually get him to pay for it.
Yea the only problem with that is he already gav me 150$ because thats all I thought I would have to pay whenI looked into this stuff in fall. I took my fairing into a collision shop today and they quoted me at 396$ to remove the paint, sand it down, prime it and paint it black. Thats without applying the decals.

I talked to my so called friend today and he said he could give me another 200$ so hopefully I will get that soon so I dont need to elevate it at all, thanks