F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anti Theft Devices - Anyone using one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti Theft Devices - Anyone using one?

Should I invest in one and if so, what is the best kind to get?

Are there any that will fit under the seat?

Old 06-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Anti Theft Devices - Anyone using one?

im looking at getting the scorpio SR-i500. ive seen pics of an install and it was very nice. im assuming your looking for an alarm, but heres a lock/alarm combo. i have a friend who has this, and it has worked great for him. XENA Lock/alarm

Old 06-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info. I like the lock/alarm combo for the price. I might get one of those.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:41 PM

i took a video of my bike with the xena disc lock on. here it is http://youtube.com/watch?v=xi9Y0AaYgk0

Old 06-17-2006, 11:29 PM

Nice video. Sounds loud and obnoxious. Perfect! I assume the Xena is small enough to throw under the seat when not being used?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:09 AM

I was thinking of getting the scorpio as well, does anyone know what the factory harness they sell does? does it tie in and flash the lights or something? do all alarms flaash the lights?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:43 AM

I've got a scorpio alarm/pager on my F4i & it's the best investment I made on the bike. I ain't a techie person & I got my bike a month ago. All I can say for the scorpio is that the pager can save u from claiming ur "uninsured motorist". Last monday a lady knocked my bike over & I was at my desk on the 5th floor office. Lady tried to get away but we caught up with her, insurance will take care of the rest. Besides that the scorpio's got perimeter, shock & tilt sensor. Got an anti-hijack which kills the ignition. The pager supposedly works within a 1/2 mile radius which means u are notified of any of the breaches if in range. I didn't expect the pager to work from where I park my bike in the basement, u don't get any signals(radio/xm/cellphone, etc) but it works awesome. U can also set off the alarms on the bike from the pager & can also kill the ignition.

As for anti-theft devices, some low-key options I keep reminding folks is securing ur bike to an immovable object, blocking ur bike with a car & always putting a cover on the bike.

HTH
Ashish

Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 AM

i've also got teh scorpio 2 way FM alarm with all the bells and whistles. I used to live in an apartment and i needed the alarm since the bike was kept outside (proved to be a great investment later). it all fits under your seat, i took it to a stereo place in town to get it installed (since one of the guys there had the same bike i did he did the install and it was great). the factory harness just makes it so its plug and play, it has the same kind of plugs as the bike on oneside and the same as the alarm on the other. WHen the alarm goes off 2 things happen. your reciever vibrates and beeps at you (and lights up) to tell you exactly whats going on, if it was shocked (bumped or moved off the side stand) if someone's tampering wth the ignition (had a couple of times in the morning i forgot to unset the alarm and set it off while putting my key in the ignition) if someone is around the perimeter of the bike (i turned this off since we had a cramped motorcycle parking space at work) or if someone has tried to disconect the batter. i also bought the battery backup incase someone tried to disconect the battery the alarm would still go off.
the second thing that happens is the alarm goes off and the lights flash. just like a regular car alarm. the turnsignals flash when you set the alarm and twice if you turn it off (i might have that confused since i havent set it in a while).
if you buy it now I strongly suggest getting the SR6 remote as its is shock resistant (you can drop it) and water proof (since it will be on your keys it will get wet if you do). I have the old SR5 remote and it just broke apart so bad after little drops so I'm looking at buying the replacement remote.
whatever you do, do something as its better than nothing. in my garage with my race F3 I put a kryptonite lock through the front wheel and forks so that if someone were to try and take it (theres no key for the bike, just on and off) they arent getting very far.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:48 PM

I got the Internatrix alarm featured on this site. I installed it and after proper adjustment it is great and it costs alot less than the scorpion with the same features.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:34 PM
DPG

Get low jack.. it's slowly becoming widely available in the US.

Quick Reply: Anti Theft Devices - Anyone using one?