F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ah, she went down

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That'll buff right out. ;-) All joking aside, glad you're ok. Did the driver stop? Anyway, yeah, it doesn't look too bad...I know, I know, that's little consolation when you're the one that owns it. Hope you're able to get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you are okay, the bike looks to be in great shape considering it went sliding down the pavement. Should only be a few hundred to get that side fairing and the bar end! GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM

gear was a helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and riding boots. jeans didn't really do the job as you can see .
The bike doesn't look too bad. I'm waiting on the estimate and of course when I can get it back on the road.
no the driver didn't stop. he was too busy running the red and going to wherever d-bags go.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Your cousin didn't chase the car down? Thats f'ed up. Bike looks not bad at least.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wheelie_Ryan
another reason to ALWAYS wear a helmet. Bikes can get fixed but brains can't. Glad you're well, get well soon buddy

I cannot agree with you more. A few months ago, I was leaving my school, and I heard a bike from a distance away pulling on to the campus and I was like YAY BIKE! then as I drove away and the bike and I got closer, I saw it was a silver CBR with some idiot guy on it. NO HELMET, NO JACKET, NO GLOVES. only a shirt, backpack, shorts, and shoes. I seriously hoped he got pulled over immediately before he hurt someone else.

Shortness, glad you're okay. Did you over leathers, or sturdier pants with abrasion resistant material?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by srtcbr
no the driver didn't stop. he was too busy running the red and going to wherever d-bags go.

Really? ****. Was a complete rectumhole. If you were my friend (not saying that we are not all friends on here haha), but a friend of mine and you went down and I was cruising next to you, I would've chased that ****er down or atleast caught up to him and remembered his license plate to report.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:04 AM

As these things go, the damage to you and the bike could have been a lot worse. Looks like you'll be replacing the stator cover and repairing paint on the fairing. A few hundred bucks and you'll be back in business. Frame sliders would have helped, but they aren't miracle workers.

As for your gear, this reminds me of my burning need for another diatribe on this. In Florida, where it is blazing hot every day and there's no helmet law, many, many riders ride in shorts, no shirt and sandals. I saw a couple yesterday and the girl on the back of a Harley was barefoot, in a halter top. Go down dressed like that, in you're in for a life changer. It's just stupid.

As you now know, regular jeans don't cut it. Full up riding pants are the best choice, with knee and hip protection. Here in Florida, it is just too hot for that during the summer. In traffic, you broil alive.

My compromise is riding jeans, with Kevlar pads in the knees and hips. They're still hot, but not so hot as to be distracting. Protection is good, but certainly not as good as armored riding pants. Come fall, I go back to full battle rattle.

--Paul

Old 07-07-2009, 06:03 AM

need a link to riding jeans please.
as for chasing down the car, if this happened to you would you look after your buddy or go after the car? hindsight is 20/20. i don't fault him for anything as i would've done the same thing.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear you are okay. Did you have full-coverage insurance? Hopefully you don't have any frame or engine damage.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by srtcbr
need a link to riding jeans please.
as for chasing down the car, if this happened to you would you look after your buddy or go after the car? hindsight is 20/20. i don't fault him for anything as i would've done the same thing.
http://www.dragginjeans.com/

http://www.kneedraggers.com/list/1217