F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Advice? Let me know!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Default Advice? Let me know!

Alright all, so I am in sort of a pickle, no rush here by any means.

I am selling my Ninja 500 and looking to get a F4I. I love Honda and think these bikes kick ***.

Anyhow, while looking on search tempest to find the best deal on craigslist, I am in a pickle.

I found a beautiful 02 one here

**2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i 7800 Miles MINT**

Flexible on the price...

But I found another 02 with 1500 MILES! All stock.

Now my only concern here is, I called about the 1500 mile one (shes asking 4k) says its never been dropped, raced ect.

I asked why she is selling, she told me she wants a faster bike, and has? or still has another f4i? weird?

She told me she bought it off a kid last summer who was too scared to ride it, and she only put 200 miles on it.

I mean 4k for a basically brand new f4i seems amazing. Only trouble is its 3 hours away from me, would this sound suspicious to any of you?

Should I wait for more bikes to hit the market for the best deal?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Carl Trooper View Post
Alright all, so I am in sort of a pickle, no rush here by any means.

I am selling my Ninja 500 and looking to get a F4I. I love Honda and think these bikes kick ***.

Anyhow, while looking on search tempest to find the best deal on craigslist, I am in a pickle.

I found a beautiful 02 one here

**2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i 7800 Miles MINT**

Flexible on the price...

But I found another 02 with 1500 MILES! All stock.

Now my only concern here is, I called about the 1500 mile one (shes asking 4k) says its never been dropped, raced ect.

I asked why she is selling, she told me she wants a faster bike, and has? or still has another f4i? weird?

She told me she bought it off a kid last summer who was too scared to ride it, and she only put 200 miles on it.

I mean 4k for a basically brand new f4i seems amazing. Only trouble is its 3 hours away from me, would this sound suspicious to any of you?

Should I wait for more bikes to hit the market for the best deal?
I bought my F4i for < 4k with similar miles last yr.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM

not much you can do in 1500 miles to ruin, or hurt a bike i would think. Just make sure you do a thorough look over, check the sprockets chain etc, and take it for a good ten plus mile ride, to see if there are any hidden probs, sounds like a sweet deal to me tho.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

sounds pretty normal to me....

you want weird I had a guy drive 18 hours/night at a hotel/rented a trailer to trade me his 929rr for my 1988 chrysler conquest...

Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__ View Post
sounds pretty normal to me....

you want weird I had a guy drive 18 hours/night at a hotel/rented a trailer to trade me his 929rr for my 1988 chrysler conquest...

lol

yeh well only reason I was weirded out was because why buy it.. put 200 miles on it, and want to sell it?

idk

well wait and see for closer pics of it

Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 PM

^ lol weird.....

As long as they have a clean title in hand and you know what to look for in a used bike...not to much to be suspicous of. Try to get a good talk with them on the phone just to feel them out..Use comon sense to cover your ***.

Now the mint 2008 R1's i always see on craigslist that are going for $1900, I WOULD be a little suspicious of....
ex. HERE

Last edited by Sick97SS; 03-25-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS View Post
^ lol weird.....

As long as they have a clean title in hand and you know what to look for in a used bike...not to much to be suspicous of. Try to get a good talk with them on the phone just to feel them out..Use comon sense to cover your ***.

Now the mint 2008 R1's on craigslist that are going for $1900, I WOULD be a little suspicious of....
ex. HERE
Ha well yeh those are just dumb scams.

4 Grand for a brand new f4i seems like a solid deal. She seemed decent on the phone, I still don't know too much about bikes, but she said the previous owner did something with the back seat? so no one can sit on it b/c its a hard plastic now and she has the stock parts.

only thing that kinda made me :/ was she said there was a SMALL mark from the seat being put on or something. well see what happens.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i probably put 200 on my f4i before i sold it....

in parts haha

Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM

sounds like typical craig's list, have her send you the vin and license plate numbers, have the dmv run it to make sure it's all good

Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Well if you do end up buying it, and want to get rid of the seat or cowl (hard plastic piece over seat), let me know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice? Let me know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.