CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Advice? Let me know! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/advice-let-me-know-122980/)

Carl Trooper 03-25-2011 12:44 PM

Advice? Let me know!

Alright all, so I am in sort of a pickle, no rush here by any means.

I am selling my Ninja 500 and looking to get a F4I. I love Honda and think these bikes kick ass.

Anyhow, while looking on search tempest to find the best deal on craigslist, I am in a pickle.

I found a beautiful 02 one here

**2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i 7800 Miles MINT**

Flexible on the price...

But I found another 02 with 1500 MILES! All stock.

Now my only concern here is, I called about the 1500 mile one (shes asking 4k) says its never been dropped, raced ect.

I asked why she is selling, she told me she wants a faster bike, and has? or still has another f4i? weird?

She told me she bought it off a kid last summer who was too scared to ride it, and she only put 200 miles on it.

I mean 4k for a basically brand new f4i seems amazing. Only trouble is its 3 hours away from me, would this sound suspicious to any of you?

Should I wait for more bikes to hit the market for the best deal?

st34lth 03-25-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Carl Trooper (Post 1030576)
Alright all, so I am in sort of a pickle, no rush here by any means.

I am selling my Ninja 500 and looking to get a F4I. I love Honda and think these bikes kick ass.

Anyhow, while looking on search tempest to find the best deal on craigslist, I am in a pickle.

I found a beautiful 02 one here

**2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i 7800 Miles MINT**

Flexible on the price...

But I found another 02 with 1500 MILES! All stock.

Now my only concern here is, I called about the 1500 mile one (shes asking 4k) says its never been dropped, raced ect.

I asked why she is selling, she told me she wants a faster bike, and has? or still has another f4i? weird?

She told me she bought it off a kid last summer who was too scared to ride it, and she only put 200 miles on it.

I mean 4k for a basically brand new f4i seems amazing. Only trouble is its 3 hours away from me, would this sound suspicious to any of you?

Should I wait for more bikes to hit the market for the best deal?

I bought my F4i for < 4k with similar miles last yr.

Bad600RR 03-25-2011 01:47 PM

not much you can do in 1500 miles to ruin, or hurt a bike i would think. Just make sure you do a thorough look over, check the sprockets chain etc, and take it for a good ten plus mile ride, to see if there are any hidden probs, sounds like a sweet deal to me tho.

__Z__ 03-25-2011 01:55 PM

sounds pretty normal to me....

you want weird I had a guy drive 18 hours/night at a hotel/rented a trailer to trade me his 929rr for my 1988 chrysler conquest...

Carl Trooper 03-25-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__ (Post 1030620)
sounds pretty normal to me....

you want weird I had a guy drive 18 hours/night at a hotel/rented a trailer to trade me his 929rr for my 1988 chrysler conquest...

lol

yeh well only reason I was weirded out was because why buy it.. put 200 miles on it, and want to sell it?

idk

well wait and see for closer pics of it

Sick97SS 03-25-2011 02:07 PM

^ lol weird.....

As long as they have a clean title in hand and you know what to look for in a used bike...not to much to be suspicous of. Try to get a good talk with them on the phone just to feel them out..Use comon sense to cover your ass.

Now the mint 2008 R1's i always see on craigslist that are going for $1900, I WOULD be a little suspicious of....
ex. HERE

Carl Trooper 03-25-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS (Post 1030629)
^ lol weird.....

As long as they have a clean title in hand and you know what to look for in a used bike...not to much to be suspicous of. Try to get a good talk with them on the phone just to feel them out..Use comon sense to cover your ass.

Now the mint 2008 R1's on craigslist that are going for $1900, I WOULD be a little suspicious of....
ex. HERE

Ha well yeh those are just dumb scams.

4 Grand for a brand new f4i seems like a solid deal. She seemed decent on the phone, I still don't know too much about bikes, but she said the previous owner did something with the back seat? so no one can sit on it b/c its a hard plastic now and she has the stock parts.

only thing that kinda made me :/ was she said there was a SMALL mark from the seat being put on or something. well see what happens.

__Z__ 03-25-2011 02:45 PM

i probably put 200 on my f4i before i sold it....

in parts haha

Adr3naLinJunKy 03-25-2011 10:34 PM

sounds like typical craig's list, have her send you the vin and license plate numbers, have the dmv run it to make sure it's all good

crow1 03-25-2011 11:57 PM

Well if you do end up buying it, and want to get rid of the seat or cowl (hard plastic piece over seat), let me know :)