F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Accessing the radiator cap

  #1  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Kuroshio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Philly, PA!
Posts: 4,476
Default Accessing the radiator cap

What all do y'all remove to get at the radiator cap? The whole upper cowl? Just the air duct?
 
  #2  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
R Dub's Avatar
October 2011 ROTM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,340
Default

Just the ram air cover.
 
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Kevwa451's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 252
Default

I've been looking at that damn thing for awhile now. I'd like to do a coolant flush but I didn't want to have to dissemble the entire bike to do it. Maybe after the chain and sprocket job and during the spark plug change I'll do it. Seems an appropriate time.
 
  #4  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 AM
nickp123's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 806
Default

i was looking at the radiator cap the other week wondering why the hell anyone with half a brain would design it to be in the location that it is. The easiest way seems to be to remove the front fairing and the one ram air duct.
 
  #5  
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 AM
DonnyBrago's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Default

Originally Posted by nickp123 View Post
i was looking at the radiator cap the other week wondering why the hell anyone with half a brain would design it to be in the location that it is. The easiest way seems to be to remove the front fairing and the one ram air duct.
You can access it with the duct and front fairing in place, the duct is quite flexible and squashes out of the way to remove the cap, you can then fill it up using a funnel with a bit of hose pipe on the end.


I agree though that it seems that it was designed by someone with no idea that a rad cap needs to come off.
 
  #6  
Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 AM
R Dub's Avatar
October 2011 ROTM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,340
Default

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago View Post
You can access it with the duct and front fairing in place, the duct is quite flexible and squashes out of the way to remove the cap, you can then fill it up using a funnel with a bit of hose pipe on the end.
Thus why I said only remove the ram air cover. Good work Donny.
 
  #7  
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 AM
DonnyBrago's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Default

Originally Posted by R Dub View Post
Thus why I said only remove the ram air cover. Good work Donny.

I don't recall replying to you, I was dispelling misinformation being posted elsewhere in the thread.
 
  #8  
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
R Dub's Avatar
October 2011 ROTM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,340
Default

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago View Post
I don't recall replying to you
Is this suppose to be a dis against me??? I'm not sure how to interpret that.
 
  #9  
Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 AM
DonnyBrago's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Default

Originally Posted by R Dub View Post
Is this suppose to be a dis against me??? I'm not sure how to interpret that.

I thought you were implying that I should pay attention as you had already said you don't need to remove anything other than the duct cover. If you were, then it was a polite way of saying go **** yourself.

If you weren't, my apologies, no harm intended.
 
  #10  
Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Kuroshio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Philly, PA!
Posts: 4,476
Default

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago View Post
I thought you were implying that I should pay attention as you had already said you don't need to remove anything other than the duct cover. If you were, then it was a polite way of saying go **** yourself.

If you weren't, my apologies, no harm intended.
Actually he was saying everyone should pay attention to what you were saying because you are correct and gave a more detailed explanation of what he said
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accessing the radiator cap


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.