CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Accessing the radiator cap (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/accessing-radiator-cap-128816/)

Kuroshio 07-26-2011 06:30 PM

Accessing the radiator cap

What all do y'all remove to get at the radiator cap? The whole upper cowl? Just the air duct?

R Dub 07-26-2011 07:13 PM

Just the ram air cover.

Kevwa451 07-26-2011 07:34 PM

I've been looking at that damn thing for awhile now. I'd like to do a coolant flush but I didn't want to have to dissemble the entire bike to do it. Maybe after the chain and sprocket job and during the spark plug change I'll do it. Seems an appropriate time.

nickp123 07-27-2011 01:58 AM

i was looking at the radiator cap the other week wondering why the hell anyone with half a brain would design it to be in the location that it is. The easiest way seems to be to remove the front fairing and the one ram air duct.

DonnyBrago 07-27-2011 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1083676)
i was looking at the radiator cap the other week wondering why the hell anyone with half a brain would design it to be in the location that it is. The easiest way seems to be to remove the front fairing and the one ram air duct.

You can access it with the duct and front fairing in place, the duct is quite flexible and squashes out of the way to remove the cap, you can then fill it up using a funnel with a bit of hose pipe on the end.

I agree though that it seems that it was designed by someone with no idea that a rad cap needs to come off.

R Dub 07-27-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago (Post 1083679)
You can access it with the duct and front fairing in place, the duct is quite flexible and squashes out of the way to remove the cap, you can then fill it up using a funnel with a bit of hose pipe on the end.

:icon_attention: Thus why I said only remove the ram air cover. Good work Donny.

DonnyBrago 07-28-2011 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 1083717)
Thus why I said only remove the ram air cover. Good work Donny.

I don't recall replying to you, I was dispelling misinformation being posted elsewhere in the thread.

R Dub 07-28-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago (Post 1084099)
I don't recall replying to you

Is this suppose to be a dis against me??? I'm not sure how to interpret that.

DonnyBrago 07-29-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 1084235)
Is this suppose to be a dis against me??? I'm not sure how to interpret that.

I thought you were implying that I should pay attention as you had already said you don't need to remove anything other than the duct cover. If you were, then it was a polite way of saying go **** yourself.

If you weren't, my apologies, no harm intended.

Kuroshio 07-29-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago (Post 1084420)
I thought you were implying that I should pay attention as you had already said you don't need to remove anything other than the duct cover. If you were, then it was a polite way of saying go **** yourself.

If you weren't, my apologies, no harm intended.

Actually he was saying everyone should pay attention to what you were saying because you are correct and gave a more detailed explanation of what he said
:icon_lolsign: