F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 honda cbr600f4i fork and swingarm swap.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4I Fork and Swingarm swap

I recently did a fork and swingarm swap on my bike. Just wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same fitment issues I did, and see how you might have dealt with it. I used 954rr forks and triple. The 954rr Clip on's dont work at all, way too low and hits the ram air covers. The master wouldnt fit, hits the front fairing stay, so i bought woodcraft 2.5 risers, which lowered the riding position and makes your hands fall asleep while riding, still wouldnt turn full lock, bought 3 inch risers, helped the riding position, more comfortable, but still has clearance issues with the fairing stay and master, no full lock but its rideable. I didn't have the calipers off the 954rr so I used my f4i calipers, with a little modification to the tab that keeps your brake line from rotating they worked fine. You don't have to grind it off, just make a little room for the brake line to clear the side of the front fender. I used 1000rr front wheel that matches the 600rr back wheel a little better than other wheel combinations I could figure out. I did have to buy 2 (1mm) washers the widen the front hub to fit the forks. I've got a little vibration when breaking hard with the front brakes because I couldn't find any 1mm washers to move the calipers out. I used a 2003 cbr600rr swingarm and back wheel, again I used the rear caliper off my f4i. Everything seems to be working right other than the little vibration when breaking hard. I'm thinking about finding a 954 front wheel and making spacers to use my f4i back wheel. If I'm not mistaken I think the design of the wheel is pretty close and may work better to eliminate that vibration. I went from the 46 tooth rear sprocket to a 44, I can run 70mph on the interstate at 5k rpm rather than 7k, so top end gains for sure, little less torquie, but its really not even noticeable. Going to a 600rr swingarm does make the wheelbase 1.5 inches longer, which is not really a bad thing. Ive read a lot of comments on other posts where people say these fork and swingarm swaps just look good and does nothing in handling. This is not true. Ive noticed a significant change in stability. Other than the slight vibration during hard breaking with the front brakes (which I intend on fixing) the bike seems alot more stable overall, especially coming out of a corner, and at high speeds. What are your thoughts?

Finish product 👌

This master cylinder sucks and dont recommend it, it leaks, its a cheap solution for clearance

This was before i put the honda tank decals on and peel painted the tank black under the tank cover.

Last edited by Johnny's F4 & f4i; 06-21-2022 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Missing words, hard to understand
Old 06-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I ask what the benefits are to swapping the swingarm? The bike looks great but just wondering what the goal is here. I'm also curious what your method was for painting? The previous owner painted the tank white and there are quite a few drips. I've never painted before so any and all advice is appreciated!

Old 01-17-2023, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the top of the shock connected to the swingarm?? Is it on the frame? like the pc35 Shock?