F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 f4i Plastics

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 f4i Plastics

I am needing new plastics for my bike......What do you guys recommend for the f4i?

I got a buddy who had sharkskinz and liked them they are probably the most expensive.

He then tried out the hotbodies and doesnt like the fit and finish of them....regrets getting them.

I have been looking at Cobra Skinz.... http://cobraskinz.com/html/honda/f4i.html They are super cheap for a full set but wonder if anyone has tried them and liked them?

I was also looking at Armour Bodies http://www.armourbodies.com/But they too are super expensive and might as well get the sharkskins....

Right now I am liking the Cobra Skinz due to the price. If anyone else has any experience with them please let me know, as I am interested in getting some plastics soon. Thanks.

If there are any other plastics companies for the f4i that you like please post.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: 2002 f4i Plastics

i havent used cobra skins but i d have a sharkskinz upper on my bike it does the trick but it depends on what u r doing with the bike race or street if race then I'd say go for them if u mainly on the street then keep looking and get something that is precut and drilled thats my 2cents

Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Retired Moderator

I hear nothing but bad news about aftermarket plastic (especially import stuff), with the exception of Sharkskinz (only because I read it on this forum...don't have actual experience). I bought OEM when I needed new plastic, but it cost me a f_ckin' fortune! If you get one of the two you've listed, please post up your experience for us, good or bad, and some pics please. It would be nice to know if there are other viable options.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I hear nothing but bad news about aftermarket plastic (especially import stuff), with the exception of Sharkskinz (only because I read it on this forum...don't have actual experience). I bought OEM when I needed new plastic, but it cost me a f_ckin' fortune! If you get one of the two you've listed, please post up your experience for us, good or bad, and some pics please. It would be nice to know if there are other viable options.
I might go with the cobra skinz just to try them out....cant beat the price. Unless someone else has any other ideas. I will do a write up with pics if and when I get them.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 PM

There are hong kong ones all over ebay for real cheap, but not sure of quality, seem to look good from what I hav seen...

Old 12-14-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: eekenterprises

There are hong kong ones all over ebay for real cheap, but not sure of quality, seem to look good from what I hav seen...
I have looked on ebay and see those.....around 4-500 shipped.....look nice...they are plastic however and might not crash well.

I will stick with fiberglass I think.

I did find some on ebay for 300 and the seller says they are comparable to catalyst composites......anyone tried catalyst composites?

here is the ebay sellers account http://stores.ebay.com/Formula-1-Compositesanyone buy from this guy? he has good reviews.