F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.

This is my first post so I thought I would show you all my ride. Yes, im 16 years old and have saved every penny towards my bike (girlfriend hates it, parents no help), have been looking since I was like 13, have past the whole cbr 125, ninja 250, harley sportster stage and decided for an F4i. Please do not be critical telling me I will kill myself, I have grown up around bikes my whole life, dad rides a harley and after hearing EVERY type of opinion, I found my dream ride. So here she is! I like to call her veronica.

If those dont work here are the links...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...R600F4i025.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...R600F4i024.jpg

Name:  CopyofCBR600F4i024.jpg
Views: 1476
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  CopyofCBR600F4i025.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  39.2 KB

It has a yoshimura ti exhaust, some custom made matching sliders and bar ends, a custom made fender eliminator, slight gearing change for better ridability, clear signals,newgrips,and of course the amazing paint job with hand pinstripes.
Mostly just minor details, do not want to do anything outrageous. Wanting to do soem sort of headlight cover, power commander, seat cowl and add some mirrors but its all in the works.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.

Nice bike. Hope ya got gear too.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 PM

Nice ride. +1 on the gear. Get a good jacket with built in body armor. Icon, Joe Rocket are good. A good solid helmet. Don't go for a cheap one. Riding gloves with built in armor and if you can get some riding boots. You don't plan an accident but you can prepare for it.

I am sure you have enough experience in your mind, but as young as you are. A 600 F4i has alot more power than a 250 ninja or any sportster on the road. Ride responsible, don't try to impress anyone that you will probably never see again. Good luck.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:32 PM

good job man! gota say i have a lota respect for ppl ur age that can save for something like that..shows a lota responsibilty i think. i wanted a bike since i was like 12 but didnt start riding till last year..i'm turnin 22 this year hah. must feel good tho riding as soon as ur legally old enough to get on the streets. hope u enjoy her...just dont be a typical teenager and try to show off every chance u get. careful on that thing bro. peace

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: kellan_musseau

Yes, im 16 years old and have saved every penny towards my bike (girlfriend hates it, parents no help)
seriously???

i worked paper routes when I was 12, worked at a bike shop when I was 14 and worked retail jobs when I was 16 and also not ashamed to say that I got a decent amt of help from p's(roof over head, food, insurance, even gas for my 1st yr of driving) and I still didn't have my own money to buy a vehicle.... granted, I spent about $2500 combined on my mountain bike and BMX bike(ended up selling it for $500 though... still have the MTB after 10yrs)... and most of all was lucky to not have to spend any money on any girls(aside from a dinner here or there or a movie ticket) until I was 22.... so seriously.... how the hell do you do it????

i think the issue w/ that bike is not necessarily that you won't be safe, but that other drivers suck and too many ppl out there that don't realize that bikes should have the same rights of way that a car does and oh yea... a bike w/ custom paint and accessories like that will really bum you out the first time it's dropped or if some punk at school(and sadly EVERY HS has one) gets jealous and possibly knocks it over... for these reasons you would be best off w/ full coverage, but w/ no parent support and even if you have a flawless driving record that would easily have to run you $1k+/yr if not much more(mine w/ 1k deductible and so-so driving record is about $650/yr and I'm 24).

so aside from being careful just realize that there are jealous punks and reckless drivers out there, but most of all have fun and enjoy!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 PM

yeah I have also purchased a icon jacket, HJC full face helmet, some standard riding gloves and boots, and dont laugh, a OGIO riding backpack (more than the god damn jacket) to get my books to and from school. Yeah I have seen enough crap of kids doing stupid thingson bikes and cars that ill take it easy and watch them screw up there rides. Ill keep mine mint and clean please! Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:04 AM

sick looking paint there man.. glad im not the youngest one here anymore (17) i got my bike when i was 16 as well..wrecked shortly after my 17th birthday..had enough time to think in the ICU about how i needed to slow it down..dont get carried away with it! just take it easy.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 AM

yeah i was into the whole mountain bike thing to, i just have always been brought up to work hard and save my money...i did so and got what i wanted! insurance is 1700 a year because of my Learners license but thats the same as my sister pays for her car so I believe it is worth it. I have full comprehensive, no collision ( not desired...would just hurt my record and cost 800 bucks more plus 300 deductable) and 1000000 liability. Yes pricey but thats what working is for right? work hard and have fun!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Looks like sticker in the picture

Old 04-21-2008, 06:03 AM

awsome bike bro, i just turned 18 and got myself an f4i....use your head on it and you should be ok. like everyone else said, stay geared up, dont let the ego/showing off get the best of you, and ride like everyone else is out to kill you.

good luck, i wish my f4i looked that cool LOL!

Quick Reply: 16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.