F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.

I hope youhave better impulse controlthan Ihad when I was 16, I would have died within hoursona sportbike. Be careful, don't give your Parents any more reason to worry than they will already.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the bike my friend! When you are riding, just remember that everyone A. is an idiot B. isn't looking out for you so YOU are the one that has to drive cautiously.

Great looking bike and just think with the hard work that you did look at what you got! Now that you know that a little hard work can get you, you should be able to get ANYTHING that you apply yourself to...so many potentials!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: kellan_musseau

yeah i was into the whole mountain bike thing to, i just have always been brought up to work hard and save my money...i did so and got what i wanted! insurance is 1700 a year because of my Learners license but thats the same as my sister pays for her car so I believe it is worth it. I have full comprehensive, no collision ( not desired...would just hurt my record and cost 800 bucks more plus 300 deductable) and 1000000 liability. Yes pricey but thats what working is for right? work hard and have fun!
that's awesome... I guess it's the natural progression... you want the best thing b4 you can drive(mountain bike) then when you can drive it's either bike or car...

as far as working hard and saving... the funny thing is I probably did a better job of this BEFORE I started driving and worst of all college struck and debt went from "what?" to "omg this is crazy!" and this was w/o really partying/drinking much and no extravagant expenses(aside from the '95 YZF600 and travel expenses while I was in Vienna for my last semester)... either way I wish I was still in your shoes... whatever you do avoid the temptation of credit cards no matter how responsible you think you'll be and start lookin into ways you can invest in real estate(real ways, not that garbage you see on the infomericals) and you'll make plenty more of those dreams come true b4 you know it!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Very nice bike, by the way If you were responsible enough tosave up and buy you should be fine ridin it at your young age. At least you'll have more respect for what you had to pay for it. Be safe and have fun.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:06 PM

+1 to pretty much everything everybody has said - lol, how's that for informative?

great looking bike, be careful out there - new to the streets and new to two wheels is going to be quite a task, just keep in mind everybody is out there to get you.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Take the MSF course in your area. End of story, it should be a requirement in any state.

That said, you NEED to watch every driver on the road, people just don't see you. My girlfriend said something the other day that made me laugh a little but is very true. She was driving back from her sisters house with her older sister and her fiance in the car with her. It was a long straight road and i was on my bike behind her. Naturally I opened it up and went flying by her. Her sister turned to her and said "doesn't it make you nervous when he rides his bike?" and she said "no, I don't worry about him, he knows what hes doing. I worry about every other driver on the road who doesn't watch for or see him."

I can attest to what she said on an almost daily basis.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Exitwounds

Take the MSF course in your area. End of story, it should be a requirement in any state.

That said, you NEED to watch every driver on the road, people just don't see you. My girlfriend said something the other day that made me laugh a little but is very true. She was driving back from her sisters house with her older sister and her fiance in the car with her. It was a long straight road and i was on my bike behind her. Naturally I opened it up and went flying by her. Her sister turned to her and said "doesn't it make you nervous when he rides his bike?" and she said "no, I don't worry about him, he knows what hes doing. I worry about every other driver on the road who doesn't watch for or see him."

I can attest to what she said on an almost daily basis.
Very nicely put! Everyone is right, almost every cage is out to kill you, always be aware of that when you're riding.

On the other noe, very nice bike. How long have ou had it that you were able to do this custom work on it? Or did you purchase it fixed up as such? Either way, as ruftags said, since you paid for it, you have a better appreciation for it and more respect for it. Have fun and take good care of her!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:18 PM

Nice bike. Be careful.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM

I have a rear seat cowl that came with my bike but no hardware for it....I usally ride around with passengers so if you want it PM me, I don't know what they cost to be honest, but 30 plus shipping seems fair....

Old 04-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Veronica looks hot! but i would never cheat on my Elizabeth! it's funny how we all have funny names for our bikes. my buddys 04 gixxer 1000 is Olga, cause shes got a fat tank. but have fun with her and ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION. "you should do that with any girl you ride tho... "

Quick Reply: 16 year old with custom f4i! whattt.