F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

1 Sided swing arm

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1 Sided swing arm

ok well for one its not dangerous if done correctly i have a street fighter and have helped in stickin single sided swingers in many bikes gixxers, katanas, bandits, cbr 900's now that being said you have three choices the most used are the vfr 800 and 750 single sided swingers these work great and in some cases need minor machining to fit bikes, second is the triumph 955 swing arm this is good altho you cannot use any other wheel othere then a triumph wheel, and lastly the bmw which is pretty much never used but can be. now to make it safe you have to have the tollerances the same as your stock swinger which means alot of careful measurements and machining work. also with the vfr swingers you can take the stock wheel off and use a honda 17 inch car wheel so you can put a 200 seriese tire on your bike altho when doing this you need to get a custom machined spacer to make up the difference in backspaceing to the hub. people who say that this is a dangerous thing to do just dont know what they are talking about. europeans have been doing this for years pretty much the best mod you can do to streetfighters in europe. altho yes it can be dangerous if not done correctly. now have i ever seen one on an f4i no i sure havent that not meaning you coulding but the frame is definately skinnier then a vfr so you would have to do some serious machining but with the right amount of money anything is possible. might see this on my bike next season already got the swing arm just have to start the machining next winter

Old 04-11-2007, 12:09 AM

Only thing I know is that these bikes are made with a certain amount of weight on each side,, which helps corners,, If you put that on (i'm not sure) but it seems it would throw the weight off a little, unless you can compensate for the weight loss,, Just sounds like a bad idea,, but if you pull it off, I'd like to see the pics and the story!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=r1200s

Quickest one I could find.
eww that thing is hideous...

here: http://www.pc-wallpapers.co.uk/wallp...ucati_1024.jpg

Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: TrIkKeDoUtF4I

If done correctly and professionaly there is NOTHING wrong with a single sided swingarm Im getting one done for my bike right now hopefully I will have it back soon, modified for direct bolt on and chromed. anyone who says its not safe shouldnt on a bike anyway or just has no clue about this topic.
i just sold my bike.....

Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 AM

LOL

Dont get me wrong i just said it looks dangerous if something messes up thats ur azz, not to say it wont happen on a regular day just if the bike from honda wanted a one-side it would be compensated in all angles for it. Which is what im assuming you or the group of u are doing now. It just seems like a whole lot of work for what? Is this suppose to help with taking turns, weight reduction, speed managing, thats what im lost at. Just IMO it looks like a bad idea if something isnt done right!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 02:30 PM

LOL

And the only reason I am doing it is purely cosmetic, I dont see any performance factors involved in it. and Honda already madea few single sided bikes the vfr750 and the vfr800.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM

those arent sports are they?

Cosmetic i thought it did some thing drastic for performance LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 04:25 PM

again sure some think its dangerous think all you want its been done too many times to count and no problems. as per the weight thing not enough to even wory about the bikes all ride just the same. here take a look at these links http://www.streetfighters.nl/honda/hondafighters.htmlots of those bikes have single siders and yes the vfr is classified as sport touring

Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM

LOL 50 horse at the rear wheel LOL

Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

ORIGINAL: TrIkKeDoUtF4I

If done correctly and professionaly there is NOTHING wrong with a single sided swingarm Im getting one done for my bike right now hopefully I will have it back soon, modified for direct bolt on and chromed. anyone who says its not safe shouldnt on a bike anyway or just has no clue about this topic.
i just sold my bike.....
lol...

Quick Reply: 1 Sided swing arm