F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

06F4I POWER COMMANDER QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06F4I POWER COMMANDER QUESTION

Whats up everyone Im a new rider with a 06 F4i and looking to buy a power commander. My question is Im buying a used one from a 01 model. The dynojet website says CA models need an 02 sensor eliminator is this true?? I have a jardine pipe on it with the 02 sensor on it,so dont know ifI need to eliminate it Thanks alot everyone I appreciate your help[:-]

Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06F4I POWER COMMANDER QUESTION

no, keep your O2 sensor. the PC3 has nothing to do with the O2 sensor.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

no, keep your O2 sensor. the PC3 has nothing to do with the O2 sensor.
Are you sure on this? When I put a PCIII on my '06 F4i I had to eliminate the O2 sensor. Dynojet's explanation was that the feedback from the O2 sensor would show a richer mixture (caused by the PCIII) and would try to lean the mixture out again, thus working at odds with the PCIII.

I bought Dynojet's O2 sensor eliminator at the same time I gotthe PCIII, installed them both, and have been thrilled with the smoothness and performance of my bike ever since.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Banned

Are you sure on this?
Hey younghutch. Are you questioning TahoeSC??? Listen mang, you watch it OK?

Hey Tahoe, is the kid right??? I gots to know. C'mon, say it isn't so. If there is one constant in an ever changing universe it is the absolute correctness of Tahoe.

All kidding aside. Are you guys gone have to have a break dance contest to settle this???

Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Yes I'm sure. How many bikes out here run with PC3 and 02 sensor? I'm willing to bet much more than those that run with PC3 and O2 simulator.

This is how the O2 sensor works...unlike a car, it doesn't constantly tell the ECU to do anything based on driving conditions, etc. it ONLY tells the ECU to lean out the fuel at a constant RPM/gear...such as when you're in fifth and cruising sixth and cruising, etc. when you go WOT, hard throttle, putting around stop and go, it reverts to the PC3 Map you have installed, or if you don't have a PC3, the stock map in the ECU.

why would anyone need to run rich when cruising on the highway with minimal load on the engine and minimal need for power?

dynojet is correct...it would tell the ECU to lean out where as PC3 tells it to run the same map. then again...the same situation happens if you're running no PC3 and just the ECU. the ECU wants to run a constant map and the 02 says...hold up bish...**** is in 6th gear, at a constant 6K rpm...lean out. if the O2 makes the ECU lean out at all times then this would be a problem, but it doesn't.

put your 02 sensor back in and compare...you'll have the same WOT power, same power all around...only difference you'll notice is your MPG goes up.

if you still want an O2 simulator...send me your O2 sensor and i'll send you my O2 simulator. why am i running it? i fricking lost my O2 sensor and a simulator was $16 and O2 sensor was over $100.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks alot guys, I guess I'll try leaving it on thanks for all the help

Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

Yes I'm sure. How many bikes out here run with PC3 and 02 sensor? I'm willing to bet much more than those that run with PC3 and O2 simulator.

This is how the O2 sensor works...unlike a car, it doesn't constantly tell the ECU to do anything based on driving conditions, etc. it ONLY tells the ECU to lean out the fuel at a constant RPM/gear...such as when you're in fifth and cruising sixth and cruising, etc. when you go WOT, hard throttle, putting around stop and go, it reverts to the PC3 Map you have installed, or if you don't have a PC3, the stock map in the ECU.

why would anyone need to run rich when cruising on the highway with minimal load on the engine and minimal need for power?

dynojet is correct...it would tell the ECU to lean out where as PC3 tells it to run the same map. then again...the same situation happens if you're running no PC3 and just the ECU. the ECU wants to run a constant map and the 02 says...hold up bish...**** is in 6th gear, at a constant 6K rpm...lean out. if the O2 makes the ECU lean out at all times then this would be a problem, but it doesn't.

put your 02 sensor back in and compare...you'll have the same WOT power, same power all around...only difference you'll notice is your MPG goes up.

if you still want an O2 simulator...send me your O2 sensor and i'll send you my O2 simulator. why am i running it? i fricking lost my O2 sensor and a simulator was $16 and O2 sensor was over $100.
I bow to the master

However,what causes the MPG to improve with O2 sensor attached while running a PCIII? Is it because the PCIII causes the bike to run richer than stock even at crusing, constant throttle speeds?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM

i'm not the master. i just pass on info learned.

you're ontrack.O2 sensor is the key. it's the same if you're running PC3 with the O2 simulator or stock ECU with O2 simulator. nothing is left to tell the ECU to lean out during low load times so you run rich all the time.

if you still have your O2 sensor you should try it out!

i have akra f/s with custom dyno tune...with O2 i was getting like 35-37 MPG...without...i always get 31...for the same type of riding. it's not supposed to be that big of a difference but in addition to i also regeared so i have higher revs. 31 MPG is corrected for approximtely 7% speedo error too.