F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 f4i won't start please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 f4i won't start please help

Hi guys I have a 2001 cbr 600 f4i and the bike is pretty much completely dead. So I tried changing the front turn signals out for led ones and like an idiot did it without knowing the led need a special connector Lon story short ended up shorting out the bike. It blew the main fuse I replaced that and the bike started up again I had no dash lights but I though it was alright to take for a quick ride. About 5 min down the road my bike just died on me I now have no power to the bike but it will start on a jump but the headlights flicker and when I rev it the headlights dim. Again I have no dashlights it shows the time that's it, It doesn't even show the neutral light
if anyone has any idea/suggestions on what might be wrong I would greatly appreciate it
thanks

Old 08-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Turn signals do not require a special connector. They can require a resistor to make them blink and the correct slower speed, but that doesn't hurt anything. I've had my aftermarket lights blinking too fast since 2007 and probably about 100 miles on the bike.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:08 PM
GjP

Hmm, so when you say the 'main' fuse are you talking about the red 20Amp (or 15 - whatever it is)? If thats blowing you have a bad earth/short in your wiring.

Have you checked the other fuses the 5/10(?) yellow and green ones?

I think the connecter you're talking about is the same as i used, that go between the new turn signals and the old wiring. You can get away with those if you do as boredandstoked suggests by using a resistor. I used the connectors and would have swapped out my turn signal relay (so they would flash normal speed) - but there was already an aftermarket relay fitted that worked. When i swapped my old TS's for LED's i wired the connectors the wrong way and blew my TS fuse, i just swapped the connecters round to the right colour - (stupid Chinese colour coded wires) replaced the TS fuse and all was good. Check those (green/yellow) fuses in the main fuse box and see if they're all good. Replace any that have blown, re-wire your TS's to the correct wire and then turn the ignition on - everything should work, if any of the fuses blow or something doesn't come on - you still have a problem somewhere.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:29 PM

The main 30a fuse was the one that was blowing. I checked all the other 10a fused they all seemed fine

any chance it could be the stator? Is there a way to test it