F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

cbr f2 keeps blowing out fuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cbr f2 keeps blowing out fuse

Whats up guys/girls! I currently have a problem with my f2 and wanted to see if someone has this similar problem.

My 15a meter/tailight/signal fuse keeps blowing . Here the symptoms I get and things that I've tried with no success. It will blow everytime I turn the key over or sometimes it will not blow, but if I crank the bike over it will not start but keeps cranking. If I take off the fuse the bike starts but I have no lights at all. Also when I turn the ignition on and the fuse doesn't blow, my temp. gauge goes all the way up passing the red, which I have no idea why it would do that.

We recently got some unexpected rain this week and I was at work, and my bike was uncovered. When I took off my turn signal relay it had a lot of water in it, but if this goes wrong can it affect something else? I took it off and put the fuse and same thing, it blew it.

I have also tried swapping over the left controls to some others I had and it didnt work either. I will also note that when I turn the ignition on and the fuse doesnt pop my cluster lights up really weak, but the battery is brand new and the bike cranks real strong.

I have an integrated tailight and disconnected everything, my front turn signals as well and nothing, its still blowing it.

Any help or related info is appreciated, thanks everybody!

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-30-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Welcome Crew

Did it happen immediately when you got on after the rain or did it show up after you had ridden? Trying to narrow down possibilities. Id check the wiring and connector behind the gauges. according to the wiring diagram im looking at that seems to be where the majority of splices are. The temp gauge works of resistence if I remember correctly, so its possible you have chaffed wires or something in this area. Thats where mine chaffed, right as they came off the fairing stay and wrapped around the forks to the fuse block. Electrical gremlins suck, hope you get it figured out.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up man, I went thru my whole harness from the front all the way to the back yesterday (I wish I could've started from back to front though) and it was my tailight harness, it melted a little and 2 wires got stuck together, I fixed it all up and I am a happy rider for today!

Old 05-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Welcome Crew

Thats my luck too, always the last thing I check before throwing something. Glad you got it fixed man.