F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 f4i VS 03 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 01 f4i VS 03 600rr

I would go RR simply because its newer and for resale.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM

well ... I just got off the phone with the rr guy and I asked a bunch of questions. Basically everything sounds good EXCEPT he told me that there is something wrong with the odometer. What the hell does this mean for me. He said it's been stuck for the past 2k or so miles ... does this go into the title as odo fraud or what? How am I supposed to know what the real mileage is and what would it cost to get that fixed?? I'm going to go see it tomorrow but if I do go ahead and decide to get it ??? I will have to take it to the dealership first to be checked out .... what do you guys think??

Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

What does it mean when you say the RR has TELEF plastics?

If all the plastics have been replaced along with the odometer not working, I would stay away. I always stay away from a bike that does not have the OG plastics or atleast the OG colors.

Both bikes sound like they would fit you for what your looking for. Just look them over closely and stick with your gut instinct. If it seems fishy, bail. There are many bikes out there, and in time there will be allot more.

Good luck!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

he basicly unhooked the ODO so he wouldnt run miles up on the bike.. since it was a Track bike

also since it was a track bike he prolly ragged the **** out of it.

i'd look at the F4i and if it's not waht you want. just keep looking dont limit yourself to those two bikes it's almost summer.. when a million bikes are for sale

Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the odo has been "stuck" for more than the past 2k miles lol.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Telefonics plastics.

Anyways, I'm going to err on the side of caution and pass this one up. I'm looking at a bunch of different bikes actually just always wanted a CBR so I was a little excited about this one - that is before all this happened. I think the rr with the split seats and underseat exhaust are the best looking bikes out. Ah well, I have another good deal on a 04 r6 so I might go with that ... temps are gonna start rising and prices are going up with them soon so I wanna get this done soon...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: dmanj

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Telefonics plastics.

Anyways, I'm going to err on the side of caution and pass this one up. I'm looking at a bunch of different bikes actually just always wanted a CBR so I was a little excited about this one - that is before all this happened. I think the rr with the split seats and underseat exhaust are the best looking bikes out. Ah well, I have another good deal on a 04 r6 so I might go with that ... temps are gonna start rising and prices are going up with them soon so I wanna get this done soon...
Bikes are ALWAYS for sale, DON'T rush into a decision.

I ride an 01' F4i, and it has been my first true street bike. I did the dirt bike and dual sport thing forever, the jump to a bike that can literally leave a corvette standing in its own tire smoke is something to be aware of. Sounds like you have more expirience than I do with street stuff, I just get sick to my stomach turning on the T.V. and seeing that some guy threw his body 500ft from his bike after clipping ma and pa doing 140 down the freeway.

From a comfort standpoint the F4i is flat out amazing. Im 6'5", 200 lbs and I can't really find an uncomfortable position to be honest. I have to get off and strech after like 3 hours of riding, its an ergonomical king. I'm not an expert on my bike or any other bike, but if someone my size fits on a bike comfortably, thats saying something.

P.S. An odometer doesn't get "stuck"...hes feeding you a load of ****. I'm sure theres a motorcycle mechanic somewhere near you, have them look it over and give you a mileage estimate based on wear and tear. If they say its had a lot of time and the own swears otherwise it mayhave been ridin overly hard.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM

....I would pass this bike up if you are not really mechanically inclined and don't have good body work skills. When a bike pops up for a "deal" but has this many questions attached to it, for me, it would be time to walk away. I bought my bike rashed, but I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I looked up prices for parts I would need before I bought the bike, all of my plastics I was able to save, I had a "honda tech" (really just a good friend from MMI who knows a bit more about hondas then I do) come with me to help me spot things that were off. We went over the bike pretty good for major flaws, checked things down the swingarm and steering stem bearings. The only thing that I found out later that was someone of a big deal was a leak in the rad. It was a small leak that someone had rigged fixed with somekind yellow material that looked like body filler. Not sure how it got by both of us, but it did. It was a simple fix, I just cleaned off all the old repair material and the surrounding paint and used JB Weld. I ment it as a temporary repair untill later this summer when I finish Police Acadmey and have money for a new radiator, but it seems to be holding real well, so time will tell.
In conclusion, I myself can do almost all the work on my bikes, from mechanical stuff to body work so when I look at a rashed bike I see it as a project and because I don't pay for my own labor it does not cost an arm and a leg for me. However, if you can't do thingfs like this, stay away and get a clean bike to start, it will save you big money in the end.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM

^^^somehow my buddy was left logged in on my computer and I didn't know it....