F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 f4i- rev limiter. Not for more power...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 01 f4i- rev limiter. Not for more power...

So Hindra, what your telling us is you don't care if you die when your motor blows up?
You'd kill yourself over an extra 1000 rpm and MAYBE an extra 15mph?? I'd complain about guys like you raising our insurance rates, butI'm 100% happy I don't live in the U.S. so it doesn't affect me. Happy exploding dude!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I realize it could happen. I dont believe if I raise it to 15k and hold it there for a few seconds at a time it will explode. Its not like I will be running down the freeway at 155mph at 15.5k rpms. It would be for just seconds at a time. And I must say..it is funny, coming from someone with the user-id RedlLine. Thanks for all the entertainment though everyone.. I am actually saving for a 1000rr but it wont happen untill next year.

I was thinking about getting some head work done, to keep the valves from floating and get new cams and strengthen the valves and springs. I was curious just how to raise the rev limiter. I'm not going to kill myself. I just dont see why people have to make it so hard to get an answer.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may have been easier if you weren't such a dick. There I said it. Even after I answered your question, you were still acting like a spoiled brat.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 PM

THANK YOU jaybird180, couldn't have said it more tactfully myself. What an Idiot.

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

It may have been easier if you weren't such a dick. There I said it. Even after I answered your question, you were still acting like a spoiled brat.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:59 AM

umm..

No, even after you partiallyanswered my question, people were still being dumb. I said it many times Im not trying to be rude but come on, how many times do I have to repeat myself? If they dont know the answer then stay out of the post. You can call me a dick all you want, butI asked a question and I was getting dicked around. Your the only one out of these two pages to give me any information related to what I wanted. Two pages and I had one post that was helpful. Go ahead and call me a dick. Just tell your friends to stop spamming the forum if they arent going to help.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Hindra

umm..

No, even after you partiallyanswered my question, people were still being dumb. I said it many times Im not trying to be rude but come on, how many times do I have to repeat myself? If they dont know the answer then stay out of the post. You can call me a dick all you want, butI asked a question and I was getting dicked around. Your the only one out of these two pages to give me any information related to what I wanted. Two pages and I had one post that was helpful. Go ahead and call me a dick. Just tell your friends to stop spamming the forum if they arent going to help.
Calm down...relax...start breathing...

People were posting to spare you the heart ache of blowing up your bike AND KILLING YOURSELF! You should look at it from our point of view, and then you'll understand why you should be thankful for all your "spam" replies---PEOPLE HERE ACTUALLY CARE FOR YOU AS ANOTHER RIDER.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:51 AM

I don't know of anyone who has tried to raise RPM. [sm=badidea.gif]

The bike reaches max power at about 12,500rpm and the output power actually begins to decrease as you reach redline because more ofthe power generatedis lost internally in the engine. Hence the reason to redline an engine as spinning any fasterwill generate no additional output power, and onlytend to destroy the engine[sm=yikesomg.gif].... self destruct![sm=bangbang.gif]

I ride stock and topped out (on the speedo) at 165mph which i think was wind aided.

All responses are basically the same: go back to stock sprocks or increase hp within the permissible rev range.

One other thing to note, if you change your sprockets,you mayneed to recalibrate your speedo cos the gearinghas changed. Now don't ask me, i've got no idea how to recalibrate the speedo.

My 2 cents...

Old 03-16-2007, 04:57 AM

I could understand a post stating a warning, about the dangers of raising my redline. Thats cool. But when someone was trying to tell me I need more power, or different aerodynamics to reach speeds of a stock bike, they just werent listening to me. Maybe I was just really unclear as to what I wanted. Maybe they were not understanding me. In any case, I really wasnt trying tobe rude. I apologize if I was. I was just getting frustrated because I asked a simple question. "How do I raise the rev limiter?" and all I was getting was everything but an answer. Im sorry if I let my frustration out on you guys.

Any chance for forgivness?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: orags

I don't know of anyone who has tried to raise RPM. [sm=badidea.gif]

The bike reaches max power at about 12,500rpm and the output power actually begins to decrease as you reach redline because more ofthe power generatedis lost internally in the engine. Hence the reason to redline an engine as spinning any fasterwill generate no additional output power, and onlytend to destroy the engine[sm=yikesomg.gif].... self destruct![sm=bangbang.gif]

I ride stock and topped out (on the speedo) at 165mph which i think was wind aided.

All responses are basically the same: go back to stock sprocks or increase hp within the permissible rev range.

One other thing to note, if you change your sprockets,you mayneed to recalibrate your speedo cos the gearinghas changed. Now don't ask me, i've got no idea how to recalibrate the speedo.

My 2 cents...
i understand that. but it costs $$$ to make a bike pull like mine does now w/o sprockets and i ordered my speedo healer to correct my guages.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:59 AM

There is no replacement for displacement, the 1000rr will satisfy the throttle craving, but is it really worth it to dick around with the fuel maps/ECU to pull that 1 or 2 last ponies out? Just my line of thought but I would quit thinking about your absolute top end speed, and get a knee draggin' in those sweepers! Going 150mph in a straight linemeans very little to me if you can't smoothlyapex a set of corners.

Maybe I should changemy user I.D. to "Manufactuers RedLine". That should clear up the confusion.

Quick Reply: 01 f4i- rev limiter. Not for more power...