F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Sync specs?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sync specs?????

I am planning on synching the carbs on my 93 F2 and for some reason my manual doesn't have the specs for this, instead it says to refer to the "common service manual". Anyone know them right off the bat?Or know where I can find this"common service manual" ? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 PM

are you going to be using a carb sync tool?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Banned

Ya know...

I've got a carb sync tool, and I'd love to see a walk through for sinking the carbs. Upon placing them back on the bike it became very very friggen apparant that it would be damn near impossibly to get the carb syncs onto the carbs, and then be able to reach the screws.

...but if some one has a method, please let me know!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In about 4-5 days i will be getting my jet kit and i will be taking my carbs off, cleaning them, and syncing them again before i place my jet kit on it. I will be more than happy to do a write up with plenty of pictures.

I have the motion pro carb sync tool also.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
In about 4-5 days i will be getting my jet kit and i will be taking my carbs off, cleaning them, and syncing them again before i place my jet kit on it. I will be more than happy to do a write up with plenty of pictures.

I have the motion pro carb sync tool also.
please do

Old 04-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bw9470
I am planning on synching the carbs on my 93 F2 and for some reason my manual doesn't have the specs for this, instead it says to refer to the "common service manual". Anyone know them right off the bat?Or know where I can find this"common service manual" ? Thanks in advance!!!
http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

Or, if you use bit torrent: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/3...al?tab=summary

I just synced the carbs on my F2 with a little bit of advise from CBRfenatic93 and I used a Carbtune: http://www.carbtune.com/.

Run the bike at idle until it runs smoothly without choke. I let mine run for about 3-4 minutes before shutting off. You don't want the bike to get too hot.

Remove the gas tank and airbox.

Remove the vacuum line running to the petcock at the cylinder head on cylinder 1.

Remove the vacuum line plug at the cylinder head on cylinder 2.

Remove the 8mm hex screws on cylinder 3 and 4.

Use the screw in vacuum port adapters with the carbtune kit and screw them into cylinder 3 and 4.

Attach 4 vacuum tubes from carbtune to the vacuum ports on all 4 cylinders.

Use a good length of 3/8" fuel hose and a funnel for fuel delivery (beer bong). I attached one end of the fuel line to the fuel intake port on the carbs and the other end to the funnel. I filled the funnel to the top with fuel and fired up the bike. It helps to have someone there holding the funnel while you work on syncing the carbs.

I didn't worry so much about the vacuum readings on the carb tune. I was more interested in getting all 4 vacuum readings to be the same.

Once you get a nice level line on the carb tune, turn the bike off. Remove vacuum lines from the cylinders. Remove the screw in adapters on cylinders 3 and 4, and screw the 8mm hex screws in their place. Replace the vacuum plug on cylinder 2. Replace vacuum line to the petcock on cylinder 1. At this time, if you still have fuel in the funnel/length of fuel line, start the bike until drained. Remount airbox and gas tank.

Once you get the bike running with the carbtune attached, it should take less than 5 minutes to complete the sync.

The following users liked this post:
Limpan (05-14-2022)
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM

Before i start the write up is there a certain reading the vaccum is supposed to be at? Or is it just supposed to be level?

Also if its running rich how do you adjust it? is it with the screws you sync your carbs with or is it with the jets?

Old 04-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Before i start the write up is there a certain reading the vaccum is supposed to be at? Or is it just supposed to be level?

Also if its running rich how do you adjust it? is it with the screws you sync your carbs with or is it with the jets?
I assume, since it isn't mentioned in the shop manual, ensure the reading is level. The amount of vacuum depends on the RPM.

If it is running rich, you need to adjust your needles, main jet, or a/f mixture screw.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 AM

Okay-think I have this one. It seems that you adjust all the carbs to the vaccuum level of your reference carb, which I think is number 2 for the f2. As far as yur question about the mixture- jet changes either richen or lean out your mixture, there are different jets that affect different RPM ranges. The pilot screws give you the ability to adjust the mixture in the lower RPM ranges, up to 5000 or so. That is what I was told.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator - Retired

Okay-think I have this one. It seems that you adjust all the carbs to the vaccuum level of your reference carb, which I think is number 2 for the f2.
Exactly. On the 1000F, the ref carb is carb 3... but yeah, exactly right.
I'm actually gonna be syncing my buddy's F2... probably next weekend.....so it's good to know the little details beforehand for speed.

Quick Reply: Sync specs?????