F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Stolen Bike !! New Security!! Ignition, Locks, and other measures

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW you must be pscyhic!

Thats exactly where I bought this one.
Waited for an auction at 0:darkthirty to end that no one had bid on.
Got it for (*&(*&*" way too cheap, plus 15 bucks shipping.
It came in today but no one was here to sign so I am getting it tomorrow morning. hell at least it should make some dang noise when moved.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Another one of my friends bought a gorilla alarm for his bike for like $150, same concept. They hook up directly to the battery, I would like to figure out a way to wire it up to a back up battery also in a hidden spot because some who knows what they are doing can easily snip a wire. But like you said, atleast it will make some NOISE

Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 PM

I bought an $80 dollar Gorilla alarm off the kneedraggers website. Loud alarm. It was very easy to install and has shock sensor, electric current sensor, and tilt sensor. Also, the shock sensor has a large selection of sensitivity settings and you may even choose to turn it completely off while leaving the tilt sensor active (ex: during a thunderstorm).
If someone does decide to tamper with my bike I hope that I can hear the alarm though because no one else is going to care about another annoying car alarm sounding off. Sure does make me sick to know how vulnerable my bike is the theft

This video blows my mind every time i see it and really got my paranoia going.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cyclone alarm in my sig has a backup battery + tilt + adjustable 2 stage shock. Costs $150

Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM

I've heard good things about that cyclone...

Old 09-11-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DATBOIP
my bike looks like ****, bough it used and cheap... runs great and all. but its looks give it great deterrent. lol
You'd be surprised. My bike was sitting out front of my house in Philly with no fairings and a broken windscreen. Someone broke the ignition lock out trying to steal it, then smashed the speedometer, I'm assuming from anger. My bike was DEFINITELY not high on the theft-prone list. But they tried anyway. some people are just looking for a joy ride.

A few good deterrents would be always keeping it covered, steering locked, and in gear, and also a throttle/brake lock. The throttle/brake lock wont keep them from lifting and walking away, but they certainly wont roll it away.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 PM

Yeah, a friend of mine here in the Portland area recently had their Katana stolen... and it's the biggest hunk of **** out there. Crashed multiple times, bounced off the rev limiter it's whole miserable life, sounds like a harley because the exhaust is ghetto hacked... it's ghetto.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Default Got the new alarm total investment 27.46 $$$$

Well I got my new alarm from the china ebay store.
Alarm features tilt/shock sensor/engine immobilizer/ hijack motor kill / 2 remotes and silent feature. No pager!!!
Got it for $0.99 took one night just to figure where to wire it since I have not got a fairing on it. I settled for the battery box since the seat is bolted on and the amount of time to get to the unit and disable it will take too long.
I also opted for putting the siren in the back tail area for the same reason.
It has an ignition kill amd anti hijack but these chineese directions have me a bit nervous where to wire the ignition kill properly.
There is an orange that says bibcock + I didn't know I had a water faucet on my bike... I later found out it a bibcock in some language is ignition.
a pink that just show it going to the ignition and a grey wire called the flame out wire. it also shows me cutting a wire between the pink and grey.
I dunno I will just have to get out there with the fluke to see what these dammed wires do in each alarm state. I assume the wires here will make me cut the red/black feeding the main fuse block from the ignition in the on posistion. and depending on the alarm state is which wire will feed the fuse block in a non protect alarm state.
All in all just for the noise maker this was an AWESOME investment.
total cost. 0.99 + 15.00 shipping +3.49 18 guage stranded wire from Fry's
and 5.99 a 399 piece electrical connector set from Harbor Freight, 1.99 for a selection of heat shrink tubing to hide the wire colors from the thieves who have alarm installing experience, Since most all motorized alarms follow the same color coding.
Now they have to deal with.
1. everyone watching, extra cop patrols, security company and all of my neighbors.
2. square link hardend big chain through frame with 2 locks around huge pole
3. 5/8" schlage cable lock through frame around huge pole
4. Commericial grate HUGE pure stainless steel lock through rear sprocket
5. New Round key style ignition and steering lock, almost impossible to get a bite to punch out a cylinder with a screwdriver.
6. very touchy alarm system if you even touch the bike it goes off, but thunder or loud bass does not set it off.
7. .357 smith and wesson model 686 stainless steel 10" barrel revolver with laser sights.
Just missing rabid pit bull attached to bike and I am all set.
Man all of this for a very UGLY bike...................
My keychain for the bike now looks like a janitors keyring

Last edited by patmetz; 09-15-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: forgot section
Old 10-09-2011, 12:32 AM

I want to know where you found an alarm for 99 cents