F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Quick carb sync question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick carb sync question.

I am going to make myself a manometer and sync my carbs today. Can I use a 2 cylinder manometer? I read you can balance carbs 1 and 2, then 3 and 4, then 2 and 3 if you only have a manometer with two connections.

As far as actually connecting the hoses, do they connect into the engine cylinders, or somewhere on the carbs? Where the carbs slide onto, I can see a screw in each cylinder with a hole all the way through. Is this where I attach the manometer? What do I do with the vacuum hose coming from cylinder #1 when i'm testing?

I think I saw the adjustment screws on the carbs in between each carb also(3 screws total) but i'm not sure.

Thanks for the help.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Ok, some google searches gave me what I was looking for. I am confident in what I have to do to sync now. I even made my manometer today with some 2 stroke oil. I have a new problem though. Where can I get a hold of those little screws with the vacuum hose ports that screw into each cylinder header? I would like to get 3 of them, but 1 other will do just so I can at least try a sync. At autozone, they have rubber ones that might work, then I could just put the screws back in when im done syncing. I went to my Honda dealership and they could not find the part I was looking for even though I brought it in to them... I described perfectly the year and where it screws into. They couldn't come up with anything.

I would think you can use anything that is air tight (rubber fittings) just to get the sync done. But would I have imbalance issues if I used a screw on one cylinder and a rubber seal on the other?

at 25k miles, I think my bike is ready for a sync. Any help is appreciated. A part number for that thing will win you my heart.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Smile

JOINT, BOOST
16214-MB0-000 003$3.51

this is a copy and paste off the site of what I ordered. Here is the site I use to lookup parts.

http://honda.brothersmotorsports.com...1993&fveh=3042

Also dont forget to order the caps as well (I took out the bolts permanently and installed the fittings with vac hose attached, a mod i read about here somewhere)

CAP, BOOST
16215-MV4-000 001$2.13

Old 07-05-2010, 12:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. I ordered some other carb synch adapters, they should be here later this week hopefully. I am wondering, when I synch my carbs- what order do I synch them in? I have read that certain cylinders are unchangeable and you just synch your other carbs around the constant carb. For instance #2 is constant. So you synch 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, then 2 and 4?

Considering it will be my first time synching, ill probably be switching hoses around like im milking a cow.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by antatious
Thanks for the reply. I ordered some other carb synch adapters, they should be here later this week hopefully. I am wondering, when I synch my carbs- what order do I synch them in? I have read that certain cylinders are unchangeable and you just synch your other carbs around the constant carb. For instance #2 is constant. So you synch 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, then 2 and 4?

Considering it will be my first time synching, ill probably be switching hoses around like im milking a cow.

Hey man, I know this was a LONG time ago, lol but I was about to put my carbs back in today after i "cleaned" them. I spose i'll need to sync em and I'm planning on making my own manometer instead of letting the dealership screw me over. Hopefully I get it done.
What order did you end up syncing the carbs in and were you okay to sync two at a time or did you need to sync all 4 at the same time?
Hope you can help, although i know the threads a bit outdated.

Cheers!

-1988 CBR 600

Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by redhurricane
Hey man, I know this was a LONG time ago, lol but I was about to put my carbs back in today after i "cleaned" them. I spose i'll need to sync em and I'm planning on making my own manometer instead of letting the dealership screw me over. Hopefully I get it done.
What order did you end up syncing the carbs in and were you okay to sync two at a time or did you need to sync all 4 at the same time?
Hope you can help, although i know the threads a bit outdated.

Cheers!

-1988 CBR 600
yeah no kidding I wish someone could do a sticky I'm in the same situation, my bike will bog down sporadically so im guessing this is whats wrong with it I wish someone would do a sticky on this