CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F2 Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/)
-   -   Just Can't Get my Jetting Right (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/just-cant-get-my-jetting-right-149089/)

gtcole 09-18-2013 01:19 PM

my thing is, i think you need ALOT of clarification on jet sizes. IF they use the same size, then it makes perfect sense why you are running lean cause well that would mean a 126 is actually a 126.....I also don't understand why they say your setup is untuneable. It isn't that drastic of a chop on the can. Also he misinformed you a bit concerning the plugged hole, if my memory on theory of cv carbs is correct. The plugged hole will actually cause the slide to move slower. So it would stand to reason, to me, it would not be so much for "flutter". Unfortunately, I have not come across anyone with good luck using dj kits. All say something about stutter in midrange ability. May want to call factory pro, or someone similar just to bounce feedback off of them and see what they suggest. Way I see it, a phone call to competitors is cheaper then new header/pipe.

gtcole 09-18-2013 01:21 PM

I see JNS got me lol. I was trying to figure out how to politely put the throw away the dynojet stuff lol.

Ls1Mx5 09-18-2013 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1251160)
Hmmmmm... un-tunable with their needles, maybe... I'm skeptical!...I'm wondering what this says about their advice?!?

I feel the same way, I think the dynojet stuff is junk

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1251160)
Well, maybe you should give the stock needles a go, and try it with the main that worked the best, regardless of the settings underneath - obviously it's your time and your bike, but if it were me, the first thing I would remove from the equation, if anything, would be the DynoJet needles, and undoing the slide modification, if possible.

Yea I can remove the glue, but I still have dynojet springs in there

Originally Posted by gtcole (Post 1251162)
my thing is, i think you need ALOT of clarification on jet sizes. IF they use the same size, then it makes perfect sense why you are running lean cause well that would mean a 126 is actually a 126.....I also don't understand why they say your setup is untuneable. It isn't that drastic of a chop on the can. Also he misinformed you a bit concerning the plugged hole, if my memory on theory of cv carbs is correct. The plugged hole will actually cause the slide to move slower. So it would stand to reason, to me, it would not be so much for "flutter". Unfortunately, I have not come across anyone with good luck using dj kits. All say something about stutter in midrange ability. May want to call factory pro, or someone similar just to bounce feedback off of them and see what they suggest. Way I see it, a phone call to competitors is cheaper then new header/pipe.

All good points, I'm really unsure about the conversion stuff at this point

I forgot to mention, the guy at dynojet also said that at WOT the slides are already fully up by around 4000rpm. That just doesn't seem right. I thought the slides weren't all the way up until 10-11k. Anyone know?

Edit: gonna go remove the glue right now and see what that does

JNSRacing 09-18-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole (Post 1251165)
I see JNS got me lol. I was trying to figure out how to politely put the throw away the dynojet stuff lol.

I have a special container that I would use for the DynoJet stuff, if I had any...

JNSRacing 09-18-2013 03:56 PM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7315/9...2eedbc57_n.jpg

:icon_goofygrin: :D :icon_lol: :icon_goofygrin: :D :icon_lol:

gtcole 09-18-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1251186)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7315/9...2eedbc57_n.jpg

:icon_goofygrin: :D :icon_lol: :icon_goofygrin: :D :icon_lol:

icon_beerchug: I've just heard too many bad things about them when I was looking at kits for my bike. My po luckily just tuned it with stock stuff and spacers. Easy to correct.

Ls1Mx5 09-19-2013 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1251184)
I have a special container that I would use for the DynoJet stuff...

LOL I feel the same way right now

Originally Posted by gtcole (Post 1251188)
icon_beerchug: I've just heard too many bad things about them when I was looking at kits for my bike. My po luckily just tuned it with stock stuff and spacers. Easy to correct.

I've heard bad things about them too. I would have never purchased a DJ kit or a 4-1 header. They just came with the bike. Stock needles, springs, and stock header are my next step.

Well, I removed the glue from the slides, it didn't affect anything as far as I could tell (went on a 30 or so min ride). I'm getting a stock header, stock springs, 138 mains, and stock needles (with one extra washer underneath).

Do you guys think the aftermarket midpipe I have will fit a stock header?

gtcole 09-19-2013 06:06 AM

Not sure about the mid pipe, but that should be an easy fix.... Have you tried calling factory pro or someone else? Also jetsrus.com sells needles springs and the like... Just thinking may be more budget friendly then redoing everything.

Ls1Mx5 09-19-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gtcole (Post 1251246)
Not sure about the mid pipe, but that should be an easy fix.... Have you tried calling factory pro or someone else? Also jetsrus.com sells needles springs and the like... Just thinking may be more budget friendly then redoing everything.

Thanks man but I already have a bunch of the stuff. I figure that after I sell the 4-1 I shouldn't be too much in the hole. If my mid pipe is a different diameter, then how would I adapt it easily (I'm out at school without my highspeed cutter and welder)?

Ls1Mx5 09-27-2013 07:03 PM

Just tried my new setup: stock header, same slip on, stock air filter, stock needles with 2 washers 140 mains, 40 pilots, and pilot screws turned out 2 1/8. When its real warm it has a 6.5-7k stumble, and a 7.5-11k stumble. From 11-redline it pulls moderately hard. When not as warm (like a quarter on the gauge), the 6.5-7k stumble is intensified and it will barely get past 7.5k at all. So both stumbles must be lean stumbles.

I'm starting to think this thing has a big bore kit or aftermarket cams or something. It would make sense, I got it from a real sketchy guy who I think might have stolen it (maybe from someone who installed those parts), but theres no way to tell because it has a legit title.

I guess next I'll try the 150 mains I have laying around. Can't hurt huh? What do you guys think?