F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

jetting for f2 with yoski pipe. need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetting for f2 with yoski pipe. need help

so im picking up a 93 cbr600 f2 that has yoshimura pipe. the guy said the bike is getting way to much fuel and all the carbs were just cleaned. i just need to know what jets to run in it? im not looking to get a jet kit but just the jets. any help is apreciated,thanks the pipe is just a slip on. will i have to change jetting from stock?

Last edited by lookatmenow; 12-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM

I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

What I've read is that if you change just the can you don't need to up jet. If you change the can and put a high flow air filter like a K&N then you probably need to at least raise the needles one notch and maybe a bigger jet. Best way is to try raising the needles one notch and see if you have/correct any dead spots. If you get a lot of popping out of the can when you down shift and aren't on the gas you probably need to raise needles or up jet. You can check your plugs too. I'm sure there's at least one thread here to give you the run down on how that's done. Other than that, I'd say take it to a shop with a dyno and you'll know you have it exactly right.

My knowledge is based on years of messing with auto carbs and dirt bikes. YMMV.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wranghondo
I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

What I've read is that if you change just the can you don't need to up jet. If you change the can and put a high flow air filter like a K&N then you probably need to at least raise the needles one notch and maybe a bigger jet. Best way is to try raising the needles one notch and see if you have/correct any dead spots. If you get a lot of popping out of the can when you down shift and aren't on the gas you probably need to raise needles or up jet. You can check your plugs too. I'm sure there's at least one thread here to give you the run down on how that's done. Other than that, I'd say take it to a shop with a dyno and you'll know you have it exactly right.

My knowledge is based on years of messing with auto carbs and dirt bikes. YMMV.
thanks you!!! i was told i had to jet the carbs bigger but i wasnt sure and have no clue. all my sleds are turbos but they are efi so easy to tune ive never had to rejet my yz250 as i put a power jet on it.