F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Integrated Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Turn Signals

Has anyone used a trailer tail light converter to integrate the turn signals? That's essentially what your buying with those kits for $100, only without the plug and play feature. Right? Does it actually work?

I'm just looking for a significantly cheaper method of integrating the turn signals. I also don't want a different tail light housing. Best of both worlds (if it works)!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just bought an integrated tail for 35

Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 PM

about $20 at walmart for the trailer relay.. i have one on my bike. pretty simple to use.. heres a crappy pic of mine along with links to cbrf posts about doing this..
click this link or click this one
Name:  trailerwiring.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  31.3 KB
if you need help give us a shout!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Acespad3: Did you use a schematic that you found online? Did you take anymore pics? Do you kinda remember how you wired it?

Off topic a little...I see you have a Mustang. I think we have the same headlights lol. What things have you done to it? Cuz 323hp is a little more than stock!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 PM

I've done everything on the stang engine wise to include a t3/t4 turbo.. Got high in miles so I removed the turbo and sold the kit for my bike startup cash lol..

As far as your bike goes..
The wiring schematics like wiring colors aren't too bad to sort out. I'll go take better pictures in the morning just for you and see if I can clear up any questions. I'll see if I can't find you the info you need now though and post it for you.. Off I go

Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM

This is basically the kit I have. It's a 3/4 wire kit.
KIT SIERRA TC43510 ELECTRONIC TAILLIGHT CONVERTER 6460 | eBayT
After some digging, here's the wiring schematics for what wires you SHOULD HAVE on the bike and what they are..
https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...wnload-121805/
Oh and another manual that should help..
http://downloads.hondatech.info/Moto...2899-00%29.pdf
As far as how to wire them to the converter.. A post that might help until I can take you pictures..

.. If you look at my picture above you can see on the 4 wire side, the orange wire from the harness or "taillight wire" is not used.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

Alright thanks! I bought the "Hoppy" trailer tail light converter for my f2 and wired it up. I've wired a few things up, so I'm confident that I wired it up correctly. Maybe the "Hoppy" version doesn't work on the f2's? The only time it actually works is if the brake is held in. I also wired it up a couple other different ways and I got it so it works but the bulbs are very dim and when you push in the brake it won't operate anymore. I"ve looked on yours and the "trailer" side of the module has r turn/brake and l turn/brake. My module doesn't say that. It has "brake" coming in but not going out... That's why I'm thinking I bought the wrong converter...

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Can you Take a picture of your converter and post it so it shows what wires come from each label?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 PM

It's a Hoppy 48845 converter. It has "tail" "ground" "brake" "r/turn" "l/turn" coming into the module and coming out it has everything but the "brake". Does that help any?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM

That's pretty much what I have. Looks about the same. Cap the tail light on the 4 wire side - you don't need to use it from how mine is setup. Orange is left turn and blue is right. On the 3 wire side you will be Using the tail light wire there to have constant running tail lights.. This is from what I can tell on mine. I wasn't able to dig into it today sorry. I will be re wiring mine in the next few days and definitely writing up a how to if you don't beat me to it

Quick Reply: Integrated Turn Signals