F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

high idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful finding F2 carbs on ebay. From what I see some of what is listed as F2 carbs arent. Most of them are for F2's, but a couple are not. Plus a cheap set of carbs might need completely rebuilt. I see the rebuild kits are like $35ish per carb so do the math. I just saying.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dsenk48
gtcole I found a set of carbs online that is stripped of all jets and misc parts, but still contains the jet screws and they were asking something like $50 plus shipping. And i found a set of old carbs, but complete, for a 93 for $45 plus shipping. Should I hop on one of those deals before they run out?
Oh heck yeah, by all means, snag up the set that looks the best! Those prices are awesome, especially considering a new complete bank of four carbs from the dealer is over $1500!

Thats barely more than the cost of the fuel screws by themselves, and of course, if you buy the screws and find that you either can't remove the damaged ones, or damage the carbs getting them out, then you've wasted your money... if it were me, I would ****** up the complete set for $45 immediately, even if the slide diaphragms aren't perfect, you can always use the ones on your current carbs.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea that's what I figured. I am about to bid on one of the sets. If I don't get it then I will just buy the other one. The other set is carbs but they were parted out so basically it's missing jets, needles, diaphrams, floats.... you know all the removable stuff. But I can just use everything off of my carbs if I go that route. I will keep you guys updates. If the carbs work out then I am definitely going to start doing some cosmetic work to my bike, and I need to refurb my headers cause they are falling apart haha.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM

So i let the one pair go, I didn't like how they looked. May have actually been for a different bike (thanks Coalminer frank). Can you guys let me know what you think about something like this?

1993 Honda CBR600F2 Carburetor Body Empty Bodies | eBay
Would i be able to just swap all of my parts without buying a rebuild kit?

Do these look good? just swap a couple gaskets and give them a cleaning?

91 94 Honda CBR600F2 CBR600 CBR 600 F2 600F2 Carburetors Carburetor Carb Set | eBay

See the thing is even if I get my screws out then I know I will struggle getting a new one in the broken piece and I would just feel better having a good set of carbs then having a bad set that still run.

Last edited by dsenk48; 09-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:13 PM

No float bowls on the empty bodies set. Get the other set. You're needing the bowls and the pilot adj needles.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM

why do i need float bowls? i cant re-use mine?

Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Since the only damaged parts on your carbs are intact on that cheaper set, then they should do you fine, assuming the rest of the pilot screws look as good as the heads do, anyway.

One thing to bear in mind, is that you might have to do a sync on the new set, since you've no idea whether or not a previous owner messed with those settings, but truthfully, you can use a set of feeler gauges to do a decent check, and might find that a sync would not be necessary.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM

Your float bowls have the damaged screws stuck in them. Not the floats inside of the carb.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 AM

dsenk48's fuel screws are what's damaged, and those are housed in the carb bodies - the only screws in the float bowls are the float bowl drain screws!

Old 09-24-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
dsenk48's fuel screws are what's damaged, and those are housed in the carb bodies - the only screws in the float bowls are the float bowl drain screws!
Agreeed! I am ready to make the purchase just one last thing I wanted to run by you. In the ad it says "missing linkage". What does that mean? And will I be able to transfer mine without a problem?

Quick Reply: high idle problem