F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

HELP!!! Fuel Screws?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013 | 01:51 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

Couldn't tell ya, those slicks have yet to see track time!!
I ran the last event with the Power Cup/Power One race tires - there hasn't been a race in my series since I mounted the slicks (big gap in the calendar) - I'll be back at the track with it in early September.

Pressures (hot) are 23 for the KR108 rear, and 33 for the KR448 front.

Old 08-07-2013 | 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
...I wonder if he still has that set of carbs for sale. lol
I forgot to comment on this part - I'm hoping you can get this worked out, the next time you really need to take out the fuel screws, but anyway, I have recently decided to cease my parting out of the street bike, and build it again, so at this point, anyway, I will be keeping the carbs.

Old 08-25-2013 | 09:33 PM
July 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
I gave up for right now. Track day this weekend. The bike runs fine, more than fine, it runs great, and I ride an 08 cbr 1k on the street and I STILL think the old F2 runs great. But anyway, the brass just pops away when the screw driver is turned, thats how much *** I'm putting into it. Yes, they were removed before and screwed in and out etc. Squale147 is going to hook me up, he's not too far from me. Anyway thanks for the replys and suggestions. Hey JNS what kind of life you get out of those dunlop slicks and psi recommendations.
i got it out already

Old 10-21-2013 | 11:19 AM
|

Now my pilot jets are doing the same thing, dammit! Gonna get left handed drill bits tomorrow and start drilling. Hopefully they'll come loose before I drill it out to big. If I do drill it out pretty big then hopefully the brass will be thin enough to bend inside coming out of the threads. I dont remember tightening them this dam tight. I'll keep you all updated. Track days are this coming Sunday and Monday, I might not make it if I dont get this sorted.

Old 10-21-2013 | 01:19 PM

Crap, Frank! What hast thou done to thy carbs?!?

Old 10-21-2013 | 04:44 PM
|

Thou cant leave well enough alone. I had a little hesitation with my off/on throttle and my dyno run showed afr to be a little on the lean side. So I was going to go a little bigger on the pilot and main, and therefor, I am, here again.

Old 10-21-2013 | 07:00 PM
|

Glimmer of hope, #2 came out with needle nose vise grips. #1 is going to need drilled, didnt try 3 & 4 yet. Gotta start getting ready for work. I sure hope all this trouble is worth it. I wouldnt be to concerned if I didnt plan to do the track days this coming weekend. I'll try again tomorrow morning, especially if I get a big nap at work tonight. Plus my 17 year old daughter has a dentist appointment tomorrow at 2. Busy busy busy.

Old 10-22-2013 | 11:56 AM
|

The glimmer of hope burned out quick. Tried left handed drill bits, no go. Tried the easy-out. It snapped off. So now I'm screwed, kind of. I have a empty set of carb bodies I could swap everything over to them from the old set. But I'm exhausted, cold, sleepy. Probably just call it for the year with track days. But then again I could just tape up my lights etc on the 08 CBR 1000rr and use it for the last 2 track weekends of the year. Hell I've only ridden it only twice this year anyway. Any tips on how to get the easy-out, out. It broke off way below the surface. Its down in there pretty good. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2013 | 10:55 AM
|

Well none of the other ones were stuck or broke even though it did take needle nose vise grips to get them out. Woodburner in the garage is ready, ready for a long cold winter. I gather up some dremel carbide grinding ***** to grind down through the broken off ez out, just need to find the right size tap to clean up the threads when/if this procedure works. If I get this sorted out do any of you gurus think a little dab of anti seize on the threads would be a good idea, when reinstalling the new jets. Dont two different metals tend to bond to each other. Or just be absolutly positviely they are not too tight when reinstalling the jets.

Old 10-26-2013 | 01:29 PM

Honestly, I have never experienced what you've gone through here, with any carburetor I have ever tuned/rebuilt, and I've easily removed hundreds and hundreds of jets, from a big old pile of different carbs, which are nearly always an aluminum body with brass parts.

I would definitely not use any compound on the threads, just make sure they are clean as a whistle.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Fuel Screws?