F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

front wheel measurements

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front wheel measurements

hi, I have searched everywhere and there is no one to help me. basically I need to know distance between discs on front wheel f cbr600f2.

why. lack of money and passion for riding have taken me in to adventure of buying trashed gsx600f cbr600f2 forks and brakes to mount to it and yzf front wheel to finish

why. it was 700% cheaper to buy these parts than original ones, and even with fabrication it will be cheap.

first I needed info on bearings, but I found them. they are 6004 for cbr and it means that I only need to take 1mm off of yamaha wheel seat (diameter) to fit cbr bearings and keep original cbr axle. beautifull.

now I need to know how much material needs t be taken ff of wheel to fit it in standard cbr way. now it won't even enter between forks, wheel is too wide.

so please, tell me how mutch are cbr discs far apart. mounted on wheel, measuring between inner surfaces of discs, or outer but emphasizing whitch is whitch.

srry for bad english and long post. thank you.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just made a special trip from my 75 degree house to my 100 degree garage to get some measurements for you brother. Stock 94 wheel and discs. With a tape measure I came up with 4 and 7/8 inches. With a pair of $100 dial calipers I got 4.905 inches to 4.913 inches. My bike has paper washers between the wheel and the discs. It came that way stock so I always put them back if I remove my discs for some reason. Hope that helps you out. I know you are trying to save some money but God Dam. Stock replacement stuff is a dime a dozen on ebay. To me, more money equals less head aches. O well good luck.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:32 AM

thank you man. you are right. there are ebay.us.uk ways, but I can only get parts from .de and germans are surprisingly expensive. I have found cheap parts in uk but no way of getting them. there is no ebay and pay pal in serbia. I have been to usa last year, and usa and serbian realities are , hhmmmm.... different. so believe me it will be beautiful bike. I just need something from kawasaki to round it up

thank you again, I will need more dimensions i'm sure, will ask, and if temp. goes down it will almost be joy to take them...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 PM

You are more than welcome. I really dont mind playing in my garage no matter what the temp. lol

Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 AM

just to check and 3x check... 4.91000 inches or 12.4714 cm or <124mm that I'm gonna cut to, are hub width. (between inner surfaces of discs) and discs are 4mm wide 5/32inch

'cos there is no going back after cutting

Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM

If you remove the paper washers that measurement would be smaller. Dont know why they put them in there but it was that way from the factory. If you machine your wheel 4.910 inches. That would be correct without the paper washers. It would still leave metal to remove later if you decided to use the paper washers later.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 AM

cool. paper is there for heat isolation/dilatation buffer, i'm gonna leave that out. after all what do honda engineers know

thnx

Old 07-30-2011, 05:28 AM

maybe it is not a place to be put, but I'll do it anyway. so it can be known that f2 forks fit katana, with f2 bearings... and later yamaha wheel.

more questions arise. from observations it came to my attention that I will need exact measurements of wheel hub width at the axle and all the spacers measurements too. stock cbrf2. so if there is anyone interested in measurings, I am interested in hearing from you... )

Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Let me see if I understand what you want. If I measure the width between the forks where the axle goes, with the wheel removed and all spacers removed. And measure the width of the spaces only. And subtract the spacer measurements. That should give me an accurate measurement of the wheel hub width. Does that make sense? Is that what you are looking for?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:15 AM

well, maybe. problem is you can;t tighten the axle without wheel and spacers. reason I need measurements of spacers (axial) and distance between outer surfaces of wheel bearings (not hub sorry) is I'll make sum of lengths of my custom spacers and distance of my outer surfaces of bearings such that it is identical to cbrf2 so the forks, when axle is tightened do not twist inward or outward in some trapezoid way. at least keep it in some specs. now I have no time but later today I'll draw something. or maybe I am completely wrong, first time doing something like this.

Quick Reply: front wheel measurements