F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Carburetor Cleaning & Tuning 101

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JamieDenny
...I do wonder if dropping the needle down one more position with a washer might improve it even further but i havent got the time to try it for a while and it rides great so i will leave it for now.
Yeah, if you end up with time to do it, it would definitely be a good idea to make another change in the same direction, and see if it improves even more, and if so, continue until it worsens... this is a little time consuming, and can be a pain in the tail, but such is life with carbs!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happened to all the pictures?

Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Original post is from 2009, the server probly no longer even exists.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson
The Original post is from 2009, the server probly no longer even exists.
Aww man.....and it seemed like such a good guide...

Last edited by optytrex; 01-13-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2015, 04:27 PM

any chance anyone has the pictures in the tutorial? or can perhaps re-upload them?

Old 02-02-2015, 07:20 AM

Sorry guys. My backup HD bit the dust a while ago almost the same time as me getting rid of the server that these pictures were on. Bad timing/luck.

I also no longer have anything but fuel injected bikes so I can't retake the pics.

If anyone with an F2 wants to spend the time with me, and is somewhat confident, I can guide you while you retake pictures to replug them back into the thread. You would need some minor photo editing abilities too so that the numbers listed in the write up are pointed out in the pictures.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If no one else volunteers I could do it when I service mine but it's gonna take a few months to get it on the stands, don't want bits of two bikes laying around at once.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dissevered
Sorry guys. My backup HD bit the dust a while ago almost the same time as me getting rid of the server that these pictures were on. Bad timing/luck.

I also no longer have anything but fuel injected bikes so I can't retake the pics.

If anyone with an F2 wants to spend the time with me, and is somewhat confident, I can guide you while you retake pictures to replug them back into the thread. You would need some minor photo editing abilities too so that the numbers listed in the write up are pointed out in the pictures.
I've currently got my carbs sitting on the work bench. I already cleaned them up, but I have a jet kit coming in soon, so I can take pics related to the walk through and disassemble and reassemble them.
I wont be able to do the first few though, but instead start where the rubber collars are removed from the block.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:10 AM

That shouldn't be a problem, you can just do the 1st pics when putting the bike back together.

It would be easier for you to take the pics, send them to me, and let me number/mark them in photoshop, rather than try to tell you how to mark them. I'm reading through the write up and, now that I look at it, trying to figure out wtf I was talking about years ago and figuring out what you should take a picture of will be hard enough haha.

PM me know when you want to do this. We can do it over email rather than clog the thread up.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:29 AM

I just wanted to say I can't believe this thread is still going. You guys are awesome.

Quick Reply: Carburetor Cleaning & Tuning 101