F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

carb, starter and throttle problems...big mess.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011 | 02:38 AM
|

im really not sure... i honestly am so noob at turning a wrench on a bike. first time i have ever attempted anything like this for that matter. i went to UTI for a few courses just to get some knowledge for the hell of it. no intentions of ever doing this kinda stuff for a living... keep it as a hobby ya know?

as far as the gas getting down into the pipe... i have no clue. last night after i did everything and cleaned it all up... it all happened again and it was so late, we just drank beer and partied til daylight. i get up today around 3 with low expectations but first attempt at push start and the bitch fired right up! i let it run for a few seconds and shut it down and fixed the idle. fired up again. i killed it. fired it up again and this time i let it run for about 2 mins and shut it off. seems like it just fixed itself!

i am not running it very long at all because i have now spent about 1800 on buying the bike and all the tools and fluids, etc. i am about a quart low, need a small air filter that's attached to the airbox as well as a fuel filter. it started and im happy just need to get those three things and then ill be able to ride again. broke right now... cant continue so its gotta sit til payday. spent so much money moving out here to san diego just gotta wait for the cash flow to catch up. i might find a job somewhere so i can play a lil bit more i have too much free time on my hands.

also i wanna add when i took the carb off and started tearing it apart and cleaning it, i would say that about a half of a shot glass of corroded fuel filter and air filter was hanging out in the passages, hoses, chambers etc. it was amazing how much stuff came out of it. and the guy i bought it from push started it and drove it to work daily... guess he knew the trick that i didnt know and i just jacked it all up lol

Last edited by vossler; 08-14-2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: adding more stuff