F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

Wanted F2 Carb Set

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted F2 Carb Set

Wanted a set of Carbs as spare for my F2, shipping will be to 78558 .
Please let me know if some one has a set for sale. pls post pics and price if you have

Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you move to Texas?!?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 AM

Na Jeff, i work in Iraq and there is a friend who travels here from TX and he will help me to carry the stuff to iraq and i would take it to India from Iraq. I wish i would have got the bezels and levers shipping to TX instead of India.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sodahyogesh
Na Jeff, i work in Iraq and there is a friend who travels here from TX and he will help me to carry the stuff to iraq and i would take it to India from Iraq.
I see, well that will solve the issue of using India's postal service!

I wish i would have got the bezels and levers shipping to TX instead of India.
Yeah, no kidding!!

Well, anyway, as you may or may not know, I was involved in a highway accident which severely damaged my second bike, and I am parting it out.
Those carbs were attended to as well, and that bike was a screamer when I was done, like the first one - I haven't pulled the carbs yet, but I will at some point.

The bike you need them for, what type of air filter and exhaust is on it? I ask, because these carbs are setup for a UNI hi-flow filter, and a shortened race exhaust, so they have 142 mains, and the jet needles have been shimmed up one additional, but those items could be restored to OEM spec.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:28 PM

.What??? ur red one met with accident? didnt knew abt that man? Hope you are safe and sound. Bikes will come and go but life will not. TC bro
Well i have a brand new K&N yet to be installed and also have a dynojet stage one kit lying on the shelf to be installed. Running just a slip on Supertrapp exhaust as of now.
Mine is an 94 European spec F2, will your carbs fit on it? PM me the price bro along with the shipping to TX (no more Indian postal service)

Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM

Yes, they will fit - whether or not European models have anything additional connected to them, I am not 100% certain, but I'm 99% certain that they're exactly the same.
I'll leave the 142 main jets in, with the needles shimmed up, as the setup you have is very close to mine, and it will probably be a very good start. Every bike is a touch different than the next, even with the same year and model, so you might have to fine tune, but since I'm running very similar setups on my two F2s, and both sets of carbs have almost identical setups, I'm betting they'll work well for you with no adjustments at all.

I'm selling the set of four carbs for $175, and I'll throw in a set of 135 mains (OEM size), just in case you would ever want to run an OEM-type paper air filter.
I'll have to pull them and pack them for a shipping estimate... I'll keep you posted.

Do you have the boots and clamps already, attached to the motor for the carbs to mount to?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:28 AM

Thats too way out of budget bro for me!!! looking for sumthing around 40 to 60 with shipping :P

Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 PM

Thats too way out of budget bro for me!!! looking for sumthing around 40 to 60 with shipping :P
Good luck with that, cuz that would mean you get the carbs for about $20 for the set!! The bank of 4 complete carbs from the dealer, is a touch over $1,500!!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$175, already went thru, cleaned, and jetted carbs, From a F2 guru that knows his stuff. That is a bargain !

Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Good luck with that, cuz that would mean you get the carbs for about $20 for the set!! The bank of 4 complete carbs from the dealer, is a touch over $1,500!!
Sorry bro!!! Will have to keep the spare carbs idea on rest for a while. Budget constraints.
Hey i have sent you a PM , can you pls get me total cost estimate with shipping to TX for the front brake lines, disc rotors and the fuse box cover.

Quick Reply: Wanted F2 Carb Set