Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Austrailia, Antarctica Everywhere that isnt in North America

Alicante next year 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alicante next year 2010

I'm thinking of going to Alicante next year on the bike ... As I've been told about a place called the Alicante bike park ... From what I can fine out it's a camp site for biker's ... Two to three week's away ... Ride down ... Stay a week or ten day's in the sun ... Ride the coast road's of Spain and where ever ... Then come back through France camping on the way back ... Any one interested in going ... At lest this time I should get the sun ...
E mail me here Journeyman93910@aol.com
John933

Last edited by John933; 07-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all changed to this now ... My lady friend was more interested in Torremolinos ...
Just book two week accommodation in Torremolinos ... Self catering for me and my lady friend ... Riding down from the UK planing on taking four day's to go down ... Leaving On the 11 of May and coming back on the 2/3 June ... Ride down and camp ... My lady friend is flying down on the Sunday ... Out of Stansted ... Should meet up if all go'es well ... Looking for some one who is interested in joining ... The men ride down and the lady's fly ... The ride the south part of Spain for two week's knowing you have a base in Torremolinos ... Total cost just over a grand for both of us ...

Any one interested ???

You can e mail me me here Email me

More information ...
May 11 Tuesday... First night camp at Kings down just out side Dover £5 per night ...

May 12 Wednesday... Catch the crossing P&O to Calais on the 8.30 am crossing ...
Ride down to Poitiers ... French Municipal camp site ... So should be from 5/8 euros for the stop over ... 370 mile's in the first day ...

May 13 Thursday ... The second day is an easy day with only 278 mile's down to the French Spanish borders ... Place called Saint-Jean-De-Luz ... Same thing French Municipal camp site ... So the price will be about the same ...

May 14 Friday ... Ride in to Spain ... About 100 mile's south of Madrid ... Travel distance 435 mile's ... There are two camp site's about five mile's apart on the E5 ... Price your guess is as good as mine ... But can't see it being more than 8/10 euros ...

May 15 Saturday ... From that camp site to Torremolinos 219 miles ...
That will get us there a day early ... As the place is booked from Sunday 16 until Sunday 30 ... So one of the stop's will have to be a two day stay over ... Could be Saint Jean-De Luz ... And have a day out riding the southern Pyrenees ...

About £750 for two people to stay in a self catering complex on the south end of Torremolinos ... For two week's ... That's with a mid day flight out for one ... From Stansted and return flight back to the UK ... The return is also a mid day flying ... So no arriving in the night and not knowing what's going on ... Pick up at the Spanish air-port and take you to the hotel ... From then on your time is your own ... Do what you like ...
I'm riding down and my lady friend if flying down a few day's latter ... If it's a case of two people riding down the cost will come down to about £500+ for the two week's stay ...

Trip back ...
Will have to leave a day early on Saturday 29 May ... Ride across the plain's of Spain to a small place called Trillo 388 mile's ... Camp site ...

Sunday 30 May ... 443 miles ...From Trillo in to France north of Toulouse by about 50 mile's ... Camp site is in a small place called Albi ...

Monday 31 May ... 378 mile's ... The next bit is a bit of doubling back on your self ... Going east on the D999 until you meet the A75 just south of Millau ... To cross the bridge in the sky ... Then up the back road's to south of Orleans ... name of the place La Ferte-Saint-Aubin ... Another French Municipal camp site ...

Tuesday the 1 June Ride up to Calais 274 mile's ... Over night stay there ... That could either be a B&B or camping ... As it's the last night I'm easy ...

Wednesday 2 June ... Catch the P&O crossing at 11.40 am ... Giving you enough time to see a bit of Calais ... Or just to have a lie in ...

Hope that's wetted some one appetite ...
John933