Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Laughing at the 600

  #51  
Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Too Smart For My Own Good
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by LiMe_GrEeN_MaChInE View Post
[QUOTEbtw. your f4i wont come close to beating a 700 hp STi, this is my old 600 (-1/+2 520 conversion, intake, full exhaust, jetted) vs a 500 whp sti (perrin gt35r, etc, etc, etc, etc)



remember my friend you have carburetors, Fi helps out considerably with the addition of headers and PCIII
really yeah! no, thats why many race cars use carbs to this day.. i beat a f4i with those mods, a 600rr w/ a pc and exhaust also.
 
  #52  
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 71
Default

hah nice. Next time you experience this, you should let them win a little bit then crush their moral by waving good bye.
 
  #53  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Too Smart For My Own Good
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by ichlgo View Post
hah nice. Next time you experience this, you should let them win a little bit then crush their moral by waving good bye.
i think it was more luck than anything, that was a few years ago that bikes long gone.
 
  #54  
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 15
Default

i think its funny how big bikes like one thousands and busas can beat 600s too. cuz i havent met one yet to beat me cuz you can launch a 600 so much harder than the bigger bikes
 
  #55  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 PM
LiMe_GrEeN_MaChInE's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location:
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by shineynitelite View Post
really yeah! no, thats why many race cars use carbs to this day.. i beat a f4i with those mods, a 600rr w/ a pc and exhaust also.


lol drag times prove it my friend, and of course we cant really get into curves on this one. take a built f4 vs. a stock 09 600rr and see what happens, hey if im wrong throw me some paper work.
 
  #56  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 994
Default

This thread is still going on am i gonna have to put this to rest myself? Its all about power to weight ratio. I know we're talking about 600s but heres an example, an 09 1000RR has the same power to weight ratio as an F1 car and a 97 mclaren f1.

Now lets take an f4i for example, with a pipe and filter and PCIII they make roughly what 100rwhp? Now dry weight is about 370ish so say with fuel roughly 400lbs. Add the rider which depending on some might be from 130 (me) to 200lbs. So the power to weight ratio for an f4i is a little bit better then a stock Z06.

Now most 600s top out around what 155 if you have the *****? The z06 will top out oh around 180+ The bike will win every single time up to 150mph, after that the car owns, the car will rape you in corners as well.

If we're talking modified thats a different story but a rough estimate would be around 600whp for something over 3200lbs and probably 4-500whp for less then 3200lbs. Again this all depends on gearing and what not. Most 1000RRs should be able to beat (not by much) and keep up with anything oh rough estimate under 6-700whp
 
  #57  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
LiMe_GrEeN_MaChInE's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location:
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
This thread is still going on am i gonna have to put this to rest myself? Its all about power to weight ratio. I know we're talking about 600s but heres an example, an 09 1000RR has the same power to weight ratio as an F1 car and a 97 mclaren f1.

Now lets take an f4i for example, with a pipe and filter and PCIII they make roughly what 100rwhp? Now dry weight is about 370ish so say with fuel roughly 400lbs. Add the rider which depending on some might be from 130 (me) to 200lbs. So the power to weight ratio for an f4i is a little bit better then a stock Z06.

Now most 600s top out around what 155 if you have the *****? The z06 will top out oh around 180+ The bike will win every single time up to 150mph, after that the car owns, the car will rape you in corners as well.

If we're talking modified thats a different story but a rough estimate would be around 600whp for something over 3200lbs and probably 4-500whp for less then 3200lbs. Again this all depends on gearing and what not. Most 1000RRs should be able to beat (not by much) and keep up with anything oh rough estimate under 6-700whp



well said.
 
  #58  
Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 3
Default

Hahaha. I never heard of anyone racing a crop duster on their bike before. That would be a funny sight. I did see a video on youtube though of an R1 racing an F16 Jet from 0-180. The R1 was ahead by quite a bit until the jet took off flying lol. They should invent a bike with retractable wings.
 
  #59  
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
Default

a plane with retractable wings would be hysterical. Id be first to sign up, then again first to probably become road kill from one.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
shawnyc01f4i
Off Topic
2
06-12-2009 12:27 AM
Xuracing
Off Topic
20
10-22-2008 11:01 AM
1 UP
Stunters Corner
2
05-26-2007 10:36 AM
MaxKid84
Sights 'N Sounds
4
02-27-2007 03:58 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laughing at the 600


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.