Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

First time drag racin a bike, are my times respectable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ran your bike again The Rick? If this was your first time on the track then I think thats pretty good. I have saw guys go 13's their first time out. Hell their is a guy at the track EVERY week on a 1000rr and he cant get below 11.5.....my buddy beat him on his zz600 (think thats it, carbed 08 kawi?), and his best time was 11.1. The more you go the better your time wills get but I think the f4i times are normally in the 11 range, dont pay any attention to the magazine times, those are professional drivers, and like someone said those times are not accurate because they "corrected" for sea level.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Dawg
Have you ran your bike again The Rick? If this was your first time on the track then I think thats pretty good. I have saw guys go 13's their first time out. Hell their is a guy at the track EVERY week on a 1000rr and he cant get below 11.5.....my buddy beat him on his zz600 (think thats it, carbed 08 kawi?), and his best time was 11.1. The more you go the better your time wills get but I think the f4i times are normally in the 11 range, dont pay any attention to the magazine times, those are professional drivers, and like someone said those times are not accurate because they "corrected" for sea level.
No, I haven't been back to the track yet, and yes that was my first time at the track on a bike. I just did a 1 down in front sprocket so I'll be making time to get a few runs in, before I go to the track though I want to put in a new clutch, I just clicked her over to 10K miles an the original clutch hasn't been in a good mood lately!! Haha

And whatever about mustangs, I was doing this back in '03-'04 when drag radials were fairly new on the scene and I had the car all setup to run slicks so OMFG I pulled a 1.5, get over it already, also with 3.27 gears and they did hook up enough to pick the front end up about 75 feet out and carry it for about another 100 feet. Idc about your car, idc what you can run with slicks more than likely, 10 sec mustangs are a dime a dozen. Just to make you happy I pulled a timeslip on slicks and 3.27 gears stock suspension, 8.17 @ 168 mph with a 1.33 60ft, stop the presses!!! And that was back in 2002.

Last edited by The Rick; 09-27-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I felt like it
Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 AM

Tell me a little more about your car Rick, what size turbo or how much nitrous were you running. What set up did you have and if you have pics post them. Rick my brother had an 8 second mustang and I smell a liar. Johnnyh

Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 AM

Oooooo, a liar, that's cool, haha I can live with that, I've been called worse. Once again I'm not here to talk about a car that I sold many years ago, but whatever, it had all the usual goodies, I owned a speed shop and I was a precision turbo and engine distributor for years so I used no nitrous, 351 striker in a Dart block with AFR heads and a 96mm precision turbo, air to water cooler, FAST system, JW glide, Weldon 2015 pump, blah blah blah, who cares, I lost it all in a divorce, and I'll even sell you my new car cause if it doesn't pull 7's....in the 1/4.....it's for sale to. Oh and my everyday driver is for sale to, its the most powerful 22RE Toyota pickup in the country, according to all the guys on one of the Toyota forums I'm on, built 22RE with an intercooled 61mm precsion setup, MS computer system and all that fun stuff, it'd a 4Wd truck with lockers front and rear and laid down 404hp at the wheels on a mustang dyno at 27 psi with race gas.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 AM

Sorry Rick, I shouldn't judge you man. Racing a car and a bike are to totally different animals and yes 10 second mustangs are a dime a dozen but not naturally asperated. I was proud to race that at the clash of the titans but beat by car 1/2 a second faster then mind. Johnnyh

Old 10-31-2010, 01:33 PM

why does it always turn into an argument ? lol

Old 11-11-2010, 02:05 PM

not reading the mustang stuff but i would say your times are on par. i had my f4i at the track for the 2nd time and my best time was a 11.5 @ 122 w/ a 1.8 60'.

hard to keep the front wheel down going into second even laying on the tank. overall i have probably close to 50 attempts and usually average 11.5-11.7. previous best was 11.9 @ 120

slip on
k&n
-1, +1

Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM

A lot of people drag their feet when launching, but for me... I instinctively cover the rear brake. So as I'm launching the front end comes up but I just tap the rear brake to bring it back down. If my bike was lowered I would have to worry about this, but for me it works. I can usually get into the 1.7, 1.8 60ft every time.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irishboxer08
A lot of people drag their feet when launching, but for me... I instinctively cover the rear brake. So as I'm launching the front end comes up but I just tap the rear brake to bring it back down. If my bike was lowered I would have to worry about this, but for me it works. I can usually get into the 1.7, 1.8 60ft every time.

the reason your bike "comes up" most likely is bcuz you bring your feet up to early real drag racers dont "drag there feet". There feet are left there bcuz thats where they were at the starting line, and you do not want to upset the bike in the launch. The less you can upset the bike the better. If you dont have a quick shift button the you obviously have to raise your feet up before you shift so you try to find a happy medium.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by nickels
the reason your bike "comes up" most likely is bcuz you bring your feet up to early real drag racers dont "drag there feet". There feet are left there bcuz thats where they were at the starting line, and you do not want to upset the bike in the launch. The less you can upset the bike the better. If you dont have a quick shift button the you obviously have to raise your feet up before you shift so you try to find a happy medium.
My bike just comes up b/c I'm launching really hard. I've been stunt riding for a long time and when the front end comes up I just don't even think about it, I just cover the back brake. You are probably right though, if I laid on the tank more and brought my feet up right before shifting I might have a different outcome but right now my brain is just programmed.