Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Built 5.0 From a roll

Old 09-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Built 5.0 From a roll

I will admit I'm biased. The first car ever drove was a 67 yellow GT convertible 289 HIPO. I was only 13 it was my mother's car. She sold it when I was 15 because I wouldn't leave in the driveway

playful God. Don't let them cheap parts go to your Head LOL

btw also had a GTA Trans Am with a 400 /375 built on the Langerfelt theory **** the horsepower. Give me that torque !! Really didn't see the numbers out of it I wanted until it gota Paxton anyway

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM

250's can outrun stangs. I've had VW's eat 5.0's for lunch. STangs aint shyt less they from the 60's
you my friend are retarded

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: punchit

250's can outrun stangs. I've had VW's eat 5.0's for lunch. STangs aint shyt less they from the 60's
you my friend are retarded
no back in my day my friend it was fact lol Seen serveral Bugs out run stangs of various builds. Tho they had as much $$/work put into them as the stangs did in comparism wt/hp. And it can still be done. Just got to know what ya doin.

oh the 250 part was a joke to rev you stang guys up lol

Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Friend and Hero ...

PG you ever seen a bug with a 289 in it. Or one of those damn Pontiacs Fiero with a built ChevyV-8 small block in it you know the small block will bolt up to the damn stock bell housing for the transmission and now you want talk weight to torque ratio it is a monster. You know mathematics plays as big a role in performance as anything else. One of the best books I ever read on engine building and dragstrip technology is a book called the mathematics of performance. I can't remember the author's name, but it was a damn good book and let's be realistic. It all comes down to the age-old saying how fast you go is just a matter of how much money you have to spend

Old 10-01-2007, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

PG you ever seen a bug with a 289 in it. Or one of those damn Pontiacs Fiero with a built ChevyV-8 small block in it you know the small block will bolt up to the damn stock bell housing for the transmission and now you want talk weight to torque ratio it is a monster. You know mathematics plays as big a role in performance as anything else. One of the best books I ever read on engine building and dragstrip technology is a book called the mathematics of performance. I can't remember the author's name, but it was a damn good book and let's be realistic. It all comes down to the age-old saying how fast you go is just a matter of how much money you have to spend
true true, why I never rule anything out when it comes to hot rods :lol: Yea I seen a bug with a 350 in it n a feiro. Seen a Chevette with a 502 mtn motor in it too lol

Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Friend and Hero ...

It never was any brand-new **** that I worried about because usually they come witha big payment and most guys haven't got the money to dump into getting it really ready to go. It was always what the shade tree mechanic had hooked up. That was about five years old that I always wondered about what was under the hood and if you've been listening to high-performance engines since you were a toddler. You have a tendency to know the difference between what horsepower and torque sounds like versus big pipe talk or should I say all show and no go LOL
Oh one more thing what about those homemade Vega Cosworth with a 350 and a short shaft turbo 350 tranny pull the tires and change the plugs lol

Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

It never was any brand-new **** that I worried about because usually they come witha big payment and most guys haven't got the money to dump into getting it really ready to go. It was always what the shade tree mechanic had hooked up. That was about five years old that I always wondered about what was under the hood and if you've been listening to high-performance engines since you were a toddler. You have a tendency to know the difference between what horsepower and torque sounds like versus big pipe talk or should I say all show and no go LOL
Oh one more thing what about those homemade Vega Cosworth with a 350 and a short shaft turbo 350 tranny pull the tires and change the plugs lol
yup yup lol

Old 11-04-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: punchit

you are retarded! First off there is no such thing as "gt heads" and intake and an off road h-pipe only adds about 10 hp. So in other words take your gay bike and run an actual built 5.0 and tell us the outcome

What makes his bike gay??? I have a 89' F1 that will take a F4 by almost 2 bike lengths 0-100

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 AM

They do/did make GT-40 heads and intakes for the 5 liter mustang and explorer, they were relatively cheap and made decent power when ported and oringed if a blower was used. The stock heads on a explorer 5.0 where GT-40 x heads. AFR heads or Trick flows are the way to go though.The 93-95 Cobras had GT-40 packages, the last yr of the 5 liter in a Mustang. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

250's can outrun stangs. I've had VW's eat 5.0's for lunch. STangs aint shyt less they from the 60's. get real boys. Buy a chevy!

Silly boy your telling me the 69 Boss 429 wasnt ****? how about 351 ? I mean the super cobra and the cobra jet engines not the HO302BS. You give me a chevy and ill show you a Ford that will take it. All day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Built 5.0 From a roll