Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much washing is too much washing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much washing is too much washing?

I just try not to use too much water pressure around the gauges, the engine and exhaust and electrical stuff, under/near the seat, rear tail section.

Less is more sometimes.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: How much washing is too much washing?

I willneverwash my bike. Iuse spray polish and a microfiber cloth only. You'd be amazed at what plexus can do for everything [but the chain!]

Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by MgA_ODEN
Two words ................ Honda Polish
haha good to know i'm not the only one ... took the words right out of my mouth!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Rather ride then spend time cleaning the nuts off it man. İf its dirty clean it. İts not made of cardboard. God forbid anyone but once you hit the tarmac and see your bike mangled up the last thing you will start worrying about is how clean and shiny your bike will look from then on. You say damage the clear coat. Ok maybe in 50 years... Stop worrying and start riding.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by londonbiker
Rather ride then spend time cleaning the nuts off it man. İf its dirty clean it. İts not made of cardboard. God forbid anyone but once you hit the tarmac and see your bike mangled up the last thing you will start worrying about is how clean and shiny your bike will look from then on. You say damage the clear coat. Ok maybe in 50 years... Stop worrying and start riding.
Amen to that brother !

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Default Wax is your friend

Originally Posted by bONEs_jONEs
it can damage the clear coat
Keep a decent coat of wax on there and wash it the right way and you're not going to touch the actual clear coat any more than if you do the occasional wipe down to remove the bugs.

Wax also makes it a LOT easier to do the quick clean ups like most of seem to be doing with the microfiber and sprays (it's all I've needed so far).

Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM

The other day in traffic my 04 1000rr went to 220 and the fan kicked on but it kept climbing up to 230 and I cut it off before it went any higher.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by squiggy16us
The other day in traffic my 04 1000rr went to 220 and the fan kicked on but it kept climbing up to 230 and I cut it off before it went any higher.
What the crap does this have to do with anything in this topic???

Ok sorry, i'm new but sometimes......i just can't resist the fun of some good comic relief sometimes....

Also as far as the washing thing is concerned i'm with the others in saying RIDE IT...if it get's dirty oh well...that's what bikin girls at bike nites are for.

Personally, if it's a nice day i'll be spending most my time riding in the moutains where the bugs hang out, rather than sittin im my driveway washin my bike.

Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: How much washing is too much washing?