Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much washing is too much washing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much washing is too much washing?

it can damage the clear coat

Old 11-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Default RE: How much washing is too much washing?

If you are anything like me, it is ALL ABOUT looking good. Don't no hunnie wanna get on the back of a dirty a$$ bike. Those that sit there profilin’ at the "spot" with a dingy bike gets nothing but talked about!! Love your bike like you love yourself. Would you be caught out there being all dirty? It is worse if someone with a bike like yours rolls up and it is all spiffy! I hate that. I want to be the one that is talked about as having a ride that deserves at least a 2nd look, because it looks good. Besides, if it works for cars, then it must work for bikes. Improve your gas mileage.
Basically: Clean your $#!t up and get the props that you deserve...unless you are not into that sort of thing. In that case disregard all that I have said.

--Holla

Old 11-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Two words ................ Honda Polish

Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Always at least a quick clean-up before I ride

Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM

This is how it is for me............ if it`s dirty I clean it. If that be once a week or everyday. Gotta be that way or it`d be a pile of metal dust and plastic in a year of UK climate.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Man, my bike is filthy right now. After two weeks of riding in pouring rain she looks well used! I don't really care though. When the weather is nice, she is clean. I'm not trying to impress anyone, especially any "honies" or "homies" or whatever. I don't own a bike to go downtown and try to pose on the side of the street, this beotch is for riding! Rather than try to get looks on the side of the street on a Friday night, I like to imagine what people in their cars are thinking when a guy on an all black bike goes by at 80mph on a dark rainy night on the freeway. Probably thinking, that is one crazy S.O.B.! Besides, with no rear pegs (and a wife at home) there wont be any "hunnies" getting on the back!

Old 11-13-2005, 01:02 AM

I'm with TeeDub on this one I got a bike to ride not to sit at the local hangout and be part of the KICKSTAND CREW.

Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 AM
L8X

never!

Old 11-18-2005, 12:08 AM

Living in Florida, I have to scrape the bugs off after most every ride, especialy after a night ride. The Honda spray cleaner and polish works real nice for a quick once over. If you leave the bugs on the paint too long the acid eats right thru the paint and leaves a nasty little pit. And getting caught in the rain in FL is realy bad also with the salt. You gotta rince that off. To me, its a fairly large investment and its paid for in full, so I'll keep mine looking as long as I can.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:24 PM

Most people that are passionate about riding love their bikes and those people will ride rain or shine. In the rain the bike will obviously be dirty but when its sunny a passionate person will never allow their bike to be seen without being spotless. This has nothing to do with being a show boat it has everything to do with beingpassionate and loving your bike. Sorry just my take on bikes, if my bike is ever dirty it gets cleaned at the end of the day!

Quick Reply: How much washing is too much washing?