CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!
View Poll Results: August 2011 ROTM Vote!
nvanvlymen
18.07%
yumoncbr
37.35%
R Dub
3.61%
cb2cbr
25.30%
City Bike Racing
15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

*August 2011 ROTM Voting Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More shameless promotion

Wow! Some super sweet rides to be in company with this month. Thanks for the nod Sprock but the only thing my 1000F might have on this gang is miles. Some really good ones of late, for sure. Just clicked over the half century mark on the Forum ride Nord. I also enjoyed the first get together when the 4 1000F's came together down in the Smokys. My '94 1KF also carried the Forum Coast to Coast Challenge Sprocket over 800 miles from northern Virgina to Birmingham, AL.
It's been my pleasure to share the road, rides, forum and now ROTM. Great company to be in all around.

Name:  A1502751.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  Z1401326.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  100_4456.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  killboy1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  162.0 KB

Name:  prpvCAN5G4YR.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  100_2884.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  88.2 KB

Last edited by regener8ed; 08-17-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Cheers, Jim.

Name:  Untitled00003-10.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  71.4 KB

Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Dub
Hey nvanvlymen, Maybe is it is just me seeing things or lack there of but it looks like you don't have a midpipe connecting the header to the can?

Yep.

"stock dual exhaust (still to be linked)" - excerpt from my mod list. Just haven't had enough time to take her to the shop to get it all linked up. LOL, she's loud as hell without the midpipe

I have an ongoing list of want to do's, just lack the time. it was about 4+ months (feb - June) that i've been hacking away at it. I'm just happy to ride her. RPM's are high because of the rear sprocket, have to investigate changing my rear ratio a bit to tone it down.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Seems like no one likes my ride here

Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso
Nah man do not think that, at all. I like your ride fine, it is just that this is a contest that takes in to account not only the condition of the machine, but the uniquities of it.
I'm just giving everyone a hard time. If they don't think my bike deserves ROTM then screw em I think having a stock bike is more unique these days because everyone has flush mounts, IT and a slip on pipe that sticks way too far out past the tail fairing. Plus I will just keep running until people vote for me just to shut me up haha.

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso
If you keep working on yours take your time so you do quality work, buy hi-quality parts, and think about things before you do them all the while maintaining the pristine cleanliness I saw your pictures; in no time at all we will be voting on your rig and maybe even sending it to the podium .
I'm pretty much done with mine. The only other thing I would do is a Arka pipe when the funds allow it. I love my bike just the way it is. I don't need to put a bunch of wasted money into aftermarket parts to think it looks good. I know a of people think carbon fiber looks good so they put some carbon fiber look alike stickers everywhere and to me that looks really bad and tacky. Some people think you should powder coat everything so they go crazy with it. Once again not my thing but to each their own.

I guess what I am trying to get across is I wish people would vote based on clean the bike is and how much love and attention one puts into their bike. Not just "I like carbon fiber, this bike has carbon fiber so I'm going to vote for it" which no offense to ANYONE on this forum but to me that is what it seems like a lot of people do.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Come on guys I only have 2 votes right now. Is my bike that bad?!? Can I get a pitty vote at least.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Just noticed I forgot to list my mods. I could tell ya about the 1200cc 11.5:1 bigbore kit with the duel wet Nitrous system with the converted EFI remap for midrange torque or bore you with the dry clutch mod that I built from a Monster Duc ripoff. But my favorite and real mod would be the heated grips and aux electric bus that I made to run music and GPS for the long solo runs.
Thanks for all the support and votes CBRForum Friends.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I guess what I am trying to get across is I wish people would vote based on clean the bike is and how much love and attention one puts into their bike. Not just "I like carbon fiber, this bike has carbon fiber so I'm going to vote for it" which no offense to ANYONE on this forum but to me that is what it seems like a lot of people do.
I don't want to seem like i'm slamming you, but I think your being a bit naive and melodramatic.

Your criteria on what people should be voting for is not in-line with a lot of people i'm sure.

Take myself for instance. I'll vote on a bike based on a number of factors (aesthetics, mods/uniqueness, practicality). I don't care if you wash it twice a week, or put premium oil in it or if it's from the 80's and still looks brand new. Hey, great if you can keep a bike looking that good for so long. It's not enough to earn a vote from me based on that though.

I worked my a$$ off on my bike. Spent hundreds of hours on it, thousands of dollars on making it something that's special to me and gave it more love than my wife for the months i worked on it.
It's completely unreasonable to expect people to vote on my bike based on those reasons alone.

Personally, a factory bike just tells me it was bought off a lot some place, so i likely would never vote for it. Customizing it to make it a one of a kind shows more to me than not. Some bikes you just shouldn't customize. I know that well enough and that would be reflected on how i would vote for a bike.

Anyhow, I did not mean to slam you, you have an opinion, great. I have an opinion, great. People are going to vote for something they like in whatever regard/dis-regard they choose.

Be it carbon fiber = awesome or SSSA = passé.

Anyhow, vote for my bike because the bike is white, which is clean and i love my bike very much. I give it lots of special attention all the time

n

Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

don't read too much into this contest. it's been my experience that these polls often reflect which bikes people own -- there is a tendency for the F4i riders to vote for the F4i in a contest, for example. in fact, the strong performance of a 1000F is never a surprise, due to the large core of hurricane membership. the ROTM has always been more of a popularity contest than a real comparative judgment for the bikes in the contest, and member lobbying often makes an impact. in this particular case, there were 2 of the same make with one being a newer, more brightly colored and more heavily modified ride (not to mention, owned by a popular forum female). i'm not at all surprised by the results.

Quick Reply: *August 2011 ROTM Voting Thread*