CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Weird 954 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird 954 problem

Nope.......Bone stock except a 2 brothers carbon fiber slip on, and that has been on the bike forever....=-)

Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Dude, the only thing that I would recommend is getting a wiring diagram from the repair manual and checking all the powers and grounds at the ECM. That pink wire that you checked earlier goes to the gray connector on the ECM, check to see if your getting the 9.37v there, if it's less than that you have a voltage drop, which means a possible bad connection somewhere, if that is the case and you don't see anything run your own wire from the ignition switch.And also don't forget to check the engine kill switch. What's you battery voltage?
I'm gonna look @ the wiring diagram see if I can see anything that might help you out, I feel for ya!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:14 AM

I've got a wiring diagram it, thats what i was using to try and trace it down to begin with...BIke spons over, but not crank....Also headlights dont come on either. Which is what makes me think it has something to do with that black tip over sensor wire...That black wire the upper harness that plugs into the main harness, is also the black wire that goes to the headlights....I know its the simpliest thing in the world, i just havent found it......Also, im slowly ruling out THAT black wire for the fact that the bike doesnt even crank IF i hardwire the FP.....I'll will do some more tonkering today and see what else i find....=-)

Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 AM

ARE THERE ANY INLINE FUSES'S OR RESISTORS IF YOUR HEADLIGHTS ARENT COMING ON EITHER THERE MIGHT BE A HIDDIN BROKEN WIRE OR THE CIRCUIT IS GROUNDING OUT SOMEWHERE WHERE U CANT SEE IT I HATE CHASING SPARKS LET ME KNO WHATS UP WHEN I GO INTO WORK I WILL ASK ONE THE AVIONICS GUYS THERE SEE WHAT THEY SAY

Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM

WHAT EXACTLY ISNT COMMING ON CAUSE THE FUEL PUMP AND HEADLIGHTS MEET ON THE GREEN WIRE ARE TURN SIGNALS WORKING BRAKE LIGHTS AND SUCH

Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM

CHECK THAT GREEN ONE GOOD I M GOING OVER THE DIAGRAM NOW THERE HAS TO BE A SHORT OR BRAKE SOMEWHERE LOOK TO SEE IF IT WAS OVER HEATED SOME WHERE DISCOLOR IN THE SHEILD CAUSE THE LIGHTS AND FUEL PUMP ARE ALL ON THE SAME CIRCUIT TRY TO FIND THE END OF THE WIRE ON BOTH SIDE AND CHECK THE RESISTANCE IN THE WIRE (OHMS) TRY DISCONNECTING THE FUEL PUMP AND SEE IF THE LIGHTS COME ON AND THE OTHER WAY AROUND LOOK AT THE DIAGRAM ON THE GREEN WIRE CHECK ANYTHING THAT IS CONNECTED TO IT MAKE SURE THE FUEL PUMP ISNT SHORTING OUT I KNO ON PLANES THEY DO SOMETIMES RARE BUT I HAVE SEEN IT BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE BELOW THAT CAUSE THE POWER GOES EVERYWHERE ELSE CHECK THE BUS'S AND SUCH JUST TRYIN TO GIVE YOU A LIL DIRECTION TO GO IN I WILL LOOK OVER SOME MORE ILL POST IF I SEE ANY THING ELSE

Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned

Have you not explored the possibility that the fuel pump simply went bad?

I know I've had two go out on me in my days. One in my Mustang, and one in my Galant. Both cases I simply went to start the car and nothing. Fuel pumps don't indicate their going bad - they just go.

Is there anyway you can get another one to test it? I've got a spare but you'd have to pay shipping to and fro, lol.

Just a suggestion that I hadn't seen explored.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:42 PM

OK, battery has 12.40v at the terminals. Headlights have 0v at the plugs, FP has 0v at the plug, tip over is bypassed and is getting voltage on the bypass side of the plug (so i know its working there)...Whatever it is, something is stopping voltage from getting to the FP plug, but at the same time is stopping my headlights from working..........Taillight, blinkers and horn work perfect...No high beam or low beam on headlights.....Gauges work also, but appears the LED's are pretty dim (dont seem bright like they use to be).....=-)

Still chasing.....Let me know of the ideas ya come up with. I'll check thiem as im going...=-)

Thanks

Old 03-29-2008, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Have you not explored the possibility that the fuel pump simply went bad?

I know I've had two go out on me in my days. One in my Mustang, and one in my Galant. Both cases I simply went to start the car and nothing. Fuel pumps don't indicate their going bad - they just go.

Is there anyway you can get another one to test it? I've got a spare but you'd have to pay shipping to and fro, lol.

Just a suggestion that I hadn't seen explored.
FP can go bad, i never doubted that. This is why i unplugged the FP and checked voltage at the connector (no voltage). Also IF i hardwrire the FP straight to the battery, the FP will kick on, bike turns over, but still no crank...So in this case we know its not the FP.......Sorry, im not trying to be a smartazz, IF thats what it sounded like....=-)

Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

No, that's my fault. I missed that completely.

Move along... nothing more to see here...

Quick Reply: Weird 954 problem