CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum
View Poll Results: Do you like the stretch on it?
Yes
28.57%
No
71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Updated pic on the 954RR

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated pic on the 954RR

Just stretched it 9" and lowered it 2" with the lowering link in the rear. Also added titanium complete gold bolt kit from PROBOLT. Also added gold triple-tree, aluminum short/fat velocity stacks, Ohlins adjustable rear shock and a BMC race air filter. I have a youtube video of the bike before all these upgrades if you wanna check it out. The new video is coming soon! Thanks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YAuaIyMCT6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attached Thumbnails Updated pic on the 954RR-img_3970.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I like it. Do you like it?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
I like it. Do you like it?
I absolutely love it! It rides like a dream, especially with that Ohlins shock on the rear and the Corbin seat Should've done this a LONGGGG time ago!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM

I don't usually like a stretched bike... But the fact that you kept it a small stretch looks really good... I like... Give us your review of the bike after some seat time... How much did the bike change from OEM spec?

Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Carver
I absolutely love it! It rides like a dream, especially with that Ohlins shock on the rear and the Corbin seat Should've done this a LONGGGG time ago!
Originally Posted by RydnaCBR
I don't usually like a stretched bike... But the fact that you kept it a small stretch looks really good... I like... Give us your review of the bike after some seat time... How much did the bike change from OEM spec?

Yeah, I don't like trailer queens (so stretched, such a wide rear end, chromed, speakers, TV screens, etc), either Rydna. But that's clearly not what this is. I agree with you. I'd like to ride an extended/lowered bike sometime just to see the difference in being able to WOT in the first few gears without having to short shift. I'm curious to how you like riding it day in and day out too Mike.

Hey, about the ohlins, did you stiffen up the spring at all? I'm sure you had to add a lot of preload didn't you?

Last edited by Conrice; 09-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:21 PM

It's definitley a nice looking bike, obviously well cared for! Great work Michael!

I will be honest and say I am not completly taken with the stretched look, but I can totally appreciate someones excitment about their project, and the most important thing is that you are happy,and it seems that you are!

A question... While I probably would never stretch my bike, I've often wondered about the benefits or possible detriments of a stretched and/or lowered bike. I know alot of it is personal taste in how it looks, but are there quantifiable reasons you stretched your bike?

For instance I have lowered darn near every car I owned (up to a point), for looks, but also because I enjoyed the lower center of gravity for cornering, specially when coupled with the correct suspension parts. So there was a benefit besides asthetics...

Either way, it really is a clean bike, Kudos!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:02 PM

Stretching and lowering helps to keep the bike's front wheel on the ground at WOT - it's for drag racing. You can give more throttle and you can give that throttle quicker.

Most of the huge hp bikes in wsbk even have stretches in their swingarms (nothing like above, but a few inches to help with the huge power).

Longer wheelbases are harder to turn, with the rear being further away from the bike, there is less traction with the rear wheel. It also softens the suspension (leverage).

Old 09-16-2013, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the quick facts Conrice!

Old 10-26-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by jmeekman
It's definitley a nice looking bike, obviously well cared for! Great work Michael!

I will be honest and say I am not completly taken with the stretched look, but I can totally appreciate someones excitment about their project, and the most important thing is that you are happy,and it seems that you are!

A question... While I probably would never stretch my bike, I've often wondered about the benefits or possible detriments of a stretched and/or lowered bike. I know alot of it is personal taste in how it looks, but are there quantifiable reasons you stretched your bike?

For instance I have lowered darn near every car I owned (up to a point), for looks, but also because I enjoyed the lower center of gravity for cornering, specially when coupled with the correct suspension parts. So there was a benefit besides asthetics...

Either way, it really is a clean bike, Kudos!

Sorry I am taking so long to reply. Work, school and a 6 month old take up my time now lol. I stretched and lowered it for several reasons. For one, I just love the look of it. Second, it rides so much smoother and just feels more "cushiony" is how I would describe it. The Ohlins adjustable shock on the rear really helps the ride that much more! A third reason I did it is because I love to do a hard lauch and this stretch almost always keeps the bike from coming up on me. I honestly couldn't be any happier with the way this bike turned out. Anymore questions please ask me!

Old 10-26-2013, 10:20 PM

Here is the new HD walk-around video of my bike. Hope you enjoy it and please comment! Thanks guys!