Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bad day ...(UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bad day ...(UPDATED)

I didn't sleep last night ... the wind was howling all around the cottage and it's turned cold again ... I got up with severe heart burn and was on this forum at 1.30am ... lol ... went back to bed but still lay awake ...

Today I'm totally shattered and coming down with a bug (again) ... this is only two weeks after some sort of super bug hit me ..I just haven't managed to pick up ... to cap it all I tried singing while making breakfast and lost my voice, it's been fading all week ... I now sound like a strangled cat ...

My head hurts, my shoulders ache, I feel feverish and I'm still cold depsite having lit the fire ... I don't even feel well enough to go and get any food in ...my cupboards are bare ... today is going to be a stay in day with soup and magazines ... even hurts to cough here...

Hope your day is better than mine ... not quite a fairy tale today lol

Anyone else having a bad day?

Jules (been better)

Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad day ...

I use pickles or milk when I have heartburn. Seems to do the trick and calm things down.

Hope you feel better.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:03 AM

its because they are bases.. not acids.. but yes good call ^^^

and **** i didnt sleep either, ever since i quit smoking cigs. (2 weeks ago) sleep has been an issue.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I use pickles or milk when I have heartburn. Seems to do the trick and calm things down.

Hope you feel better.
Thank you ... I've been using Gaviscon and settlers ... but they hardly touched it last night ... I've a feeling I'm getting a chest infection ...wonderful!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

Been there and done that4 weeks ago. My voice still isn't back to normal. I think I damaged my vocal cords coughing.All I could do was lay on the floor and watch my kids play. I'm wishing youa speedy recovery, but if that wish goes the way of my last couple......you're in for it. lol Keep your head up!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 AM

Not having a bad day...but the "bug' that has been going around....it's about as bad as it gets. My wife couldnt get out of bed for 3 days....somne sort of super strain. Hope ya feel better Jules

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 AM

that really sucks, my family has been sick alot this winter, knock on wood i havent gotten it from them, but i know how you feel.

get well soon.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jules,

Certainly sounds like you are getting a fever Hopefully it breaks soon so you can get back on the road to recovery. I've been hacking for the past week. Got it from my neighbor, whom I think got it from his kids. I hate being sick. After this I get to deal with hayfever season....Yeah! Anyway, rest and get better. I don't think anyone here likes to hear that you are sick.

Nick

Old 03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How appropriate....

Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 AM

Thank you guys ... but oh hell this is so going on my chest now ... i knwo the signs of a chest infection and my breathing is really laboured now too ... all this after that super bug of two weeks ago ...this is so gonna hurt me :-( ...

I will need antibiotics which I hate taking but can't see a way out of this one ...sigh

This is the downside of living alone ... whilst I love it ... there's no-one to look after you like today ...I want my mummy :-(

You breeze through your 20's then by your 30's the myriad of things start wearing you down ...

there must be something wrong in otherville ... we don't normally do sick! ;-)

Jules

Quick Reply: Bad day ...(UPDATED)