CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

UK 954 - Selling.... should i remove extras ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have just brought a 954 and now looking for tick bits.

how much do you want for the pazzo levers? what color are they?

comfort seat is corbin?

what is Gilles Shift support

Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by maxinho
i have just brought a 954 and now looking for tick bits.

how much do you want for the pazzo levers? what color are they?

comfort seat is corbin?

what is Gilles Shift support
Hi Pal,
Sorry for the late reply my last laptop went to meet its maker in the sky ! The pazzo's are all black with the black adjusters, both shorties. The seat is not corbin, i had it recovered with better material and padded by a re-upholster in Scotland. A shift holder makes for better gear changes as it supports the rod that comes out of the gear box, it is also recommended as it extends the life of the box by reducing the pressure put onto the shaft when changing gear. A very good bit of kit, not bling, but very necessary i think on all bikes.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 PM

i have added you as a contact. i am not sure if i can post me email address here and i cant see away of contacting you.

i would be interested in all of it.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by maxinho
i have added you as a contact. i am not sure if i can post me email address here and i cant see away of contacting you.

i would be interested in all of it.
Hi,
Not to sure myself, there appears to be no PM feature on this website. I have not yet removed the bits as i have been busy with a property i am renovating, I am not too sure that coming into winter would be the best time to sell my bike anyway but i can at least get the bits off. I suspect the Ohlins rear shock will be the best seller as they appear to as rare as rocking horse poo and go for a fortune.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:29 AM

click on my name and then add to contact.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM

Hi Hudson... I've been looking to buy a decent low mileage 954... how much were you after for the bike? I'm a new member so I can't pm you just yet...

Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Saltyseven7
Hi Hudson... I've been looking to buy a decent low mileage 954... how much were you after for the bike? I'm a new member so I can't pm you just yet...
Hi,
I have not yet removed the Ohlins and the Gilles Variobars but when i do it was going on ebay for £3,500. I assume your in the UK ? It's done 5400 miles with the usual service history and the old mot's (to back up miles), the condition speaks for it's self though.

I can send some pictures to your email if interested but as said i am unsure without the PM feature how to do this.

The bike has been great and its a rare thing on the road (which is nice) but shift changes mean i am using it less and less.

Safe riding.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM

remove all the extras and replace with originals, which i presume you will have still?

thing is here in the uk unless somebody is after a specific spec they wont pay the price for the extras

the shock can be sold to someone who is racing they will pay big money for a decent rear shock hardly used

the vario bars arent good for someone looking for a sportsbike and neither is the comfort seat maybe for someone who wants the bike for touring but not for hooning to wales and back.

i would sell it standard and offer them as an optional extra for an extra price it will work out more money in your pocket and a happier buyer

Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM

post some photos so we can see the bike

Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by jackojeff
remove all the extras and replace with originals, which i presume you will have still?

thing is here in the uk unless somebody is after a specific spec they wont pay the price for the extras

the shock can be sold to someone who is racing they will pay big money for a decent rear shock hardly used

the vario bars arent good for someone looking for a sportsbike and neither is the comfort seat maybe for someone who wants the bike for touring but not for hooning to wales and back.

i would sell it standard and offer them as an optional extra for an extra price it will work out more money in your pocket and a happier buyer
Agree totally, i have virtually turned it into a CBR954RR Tourer, a sort of hybrid VFR ! Which has suited my needs, i do have the original bits. I know the Ohlins would go to someone who has a 954 track bike but for me its always been about the comfort !

Quick Reply: UK 954 - Selling.... should i remove extras ?